Chapter 31

-Theo-

''I really wished you guys did it man!'' Charles tell me as he swivels on the office chair in my cabin.

''Its been two days now. Seriously, get over it Charles,'' I sigh, rubbing my forehead in distress. ''She is not there yet. How many times do you want me to tell you that?''

''Then get her there Theo! What have you been doing all this time? Goddess! It's like I have to tell you everything,'' he sighs dramatically.

''Get out of my office Charles. Just go, I have better things to do.''

''Yeah, like ogling at your mate from across the street and not doing anything else about it,'' he taunts me, then gets up to leave.

God damn it, he's right. Ever since that night Athena has been avoiding me. She leaves for work before I come out for breakfast, she comes late at night and goes straight to her room. Heck, she has even stopped complaining about the security.

I walk up to the big glass window that faces her building and watch her from there. She looks very busy and at one point even bangs her hand on her desk in anger. With her photo-shoot coming up it's likely I will see less of her. If only there was something I could do to help her, she looks so stressed out.

''Sir, your 10 o'clock is here and waiting for you in the board room,'' Alicia pops her head in my cabin and announces.

''I'll be there shortly. Thank you,'' I reply. I take one last look of my mate before grabbing my phone and leaving.

All through the meeting Charles' words keep on ringing in my head. He is right. Although I will never admit that to him. I need to do something that will make her come to terms with her true feelings.

''So do we have a deal?'' the representative asks me.

''Uh sorry. Why don't you leave these with me? I will go through it and then send it over to your office.

''Sure sir. Thank you, it was a pleasure meeting you,'' he extends his hand forward. ''Likewise. You will be hearing from me soon,'' I shake his hand and escort him out of the room.

I walk towards my cabin when Alicia speaks up from her desk. ''Sir? A Mr. Walker would like to speak to you?''

''Yeah sure, I'll take it. Just transfer it,'' I tell her and hurriedly walk to my cabin. Why is Ashton calling me? I make sure to lock the door behind me before answering the phone.

''Hello?''

''Theo my man! How are you? how are things going on with Athena?'' he asks and I can imagine him leaning back on his chair, a cigar in his hand.

''It's a work in progress,'' I sigh in agitation.

''Oooooh that bad huh?''

''You have no idea man. Anyway, what's up? Has Olivia given birth?'' I ask.

''Ohh no, not yet. She still has a few months before the pups pop out,'' he chuckles. ''However, I do have some good news for you.''

''I could really use some of that right now,'' I reply as I play with the paperweight on my desk.

''Well I hope you're sitted because this might knock you off your feet.''

''Just get to the point man!''

''We might have a lead on Selene,'' he says over the line.

''This better not be a joke Ashton.''

''Why would I joke about something like this Theo? We have been hunting her for months now,'' he replies irritably.

''Okay. Go on then. I'm listening.''