Chapter 29

-Athena-

''Are you sure you have to go honey? Please stay for a few more days,'' my mom tells me as she wipes of her tears and sniffs.

''I really have to go mom. But I promise I'll come back,'' I kiss her softly on the cheek and hug her. I then walk up to Ethan who hugs me tightly. ''You know what you have to do. Don't fight it,'' he whispers, low enough for only me to hear.

After saying my goodbyes to everyone else, Ethan takes me through another route which does not involve me having to pass through Crescent. ''Okay, when did this happen and how comes no one uses it?''

''It, kinda has always been there,'' he shrugs. ''But, we rarely use it since it's a longer route. Actually that's the route the driver took, when you first came here last year.''

''Last year?? Oh, yeah right, of course. I was here a year ago,'' I smack my forehead.

Ethan and I sit in the SUV that was parked there. He motions the driver to start the vehicle. We speed along the rocky path, the trees becoming blurry by the second.

''So about that memory thing- '' Ethan starts, unsure of whether I would be okay talking about it.

''It's okay. I've accepted it,'' I chuckle half-heartedly, ''It's not like there is anything that can be done about it anyway.''

''We are all worried about you Ena. Everyone has been walking on eggshells around you. And trust me, we are doing everything in our power to track down the witch who did this to you,'' he says.

''I'm sorry, what now? Did you just say witch? A witch did this to me? What witch'' I look at him shocked.

''Yeah, umm...I thought, I thought you knew,'' he scratches the back of his neck nervously.

''Right! You know what? I'm not even going to blame anyone else. This is all my fault! I mean, with everything that has been going on, I didn't even once think about how my memory got wiped out.''

''Ena, it's okay. It's okay to not know. I mean, no one blames you. Theo, I and the others have been trying non-stop to track her down but she just disappeared,'' he says disappointingly.

''Ethan hey, hey look at me. It's fine. I can live with this. See I'm okay. I'm the same Athena I was. Well I'd like to think that I am,'' I snort a laugh. ''You guys have done everything you can. There isn't much we can do now. I might as well just live like this.''

''Ena no! don't say that! We are not giving up. At least not yet,'' he replies then hugs me.

I pull away from him and look outside the window, pushing away the tears that are threatening to fall.

We have arrived at the highway and its time for Ethan to return back to the pack. ''I'll miss you Ethan. Oh and yeah before I forget, you're welcome to pop in my apartment whenever you want,'' I wink at him

''Ohh great! You lifted the ban. Thank you,'' he laughs. ''I'll miss you too Ena. Be good and don't let that vampire intimidate you. If you ever need anything, I'm just a phone call away.''

I hug him one last time before he jumps out of the car. As soon as he is out the driver speeds off onto the road heading for the airport.

As soon as I land at Toronto airport I fish out my phone and call Nancy. ''Hey, how's your break. Having fun?''

''Actually, I'm back. I just landed a few minutes ago. Listen, I need you to do for me something. Get me the address to Kovar's office.''

''What? Why? Why do you want to go there Athena?!'' she cries out.