Chapter 39

-Theo-

On Friday morning after a quick breakfast, Hudson drives the four of us to the airport. We walk past the terminals and head towards the VIP section. Along the way I notice a lot of men staring at Athena, the low cut  red dress she'd worn wasn't helping her case either, so I take her hand and entwine our fingers to show all those leering men that she is mine. She gives me a surprised look at first, but then just smiles and squeezes my hand in return.

After completing the necessary procedures, we head to the hangar, where the plane is parked. 

''Are you freaking kidding me?'' Athena shouts as soon as we get inside the jet.

''You like it?'' I ask her, though the look on her face says it all.

''I love it. It's so, it's so pretty,'' she replies and plops into one of comfortable couch-like seats.

''There is a bedroom back there, if you'd like to take a nap or something,'' I tell her as I sit down on her opposite side.

''We call dibs on the room,'' Charles suddenly shouts from behind us. ''We didn't get any sleep last night, so we might as well make use of it.''

Athena scrunches her nose up and looks away. ''I don't even want to know. You can have it.''

The two of the make their way towards the back. A few seconds later we hear a soft click of the lock. Athena gaze meets mine as she smiles and shakes her head. ''Sometimes he is such a child.''

''Last night he was trying to make one,'' I smirk knowingly.

Her eyes widen at my statement. ''Oh Goddess, you did not just say that! Theo, come on! Now i can't stop picturing it!'' she slaps my knee. I start laughing and soon she joins me too. ''I didn't know you were funny.''

''There is so much you don't know love,'' I reply. The laughter dies down and I lean forward in my seat.

''Then tell me,'' she whispers and leans forward too. Our noses are almost touching now, I'm about to close the distance between us and kiss her, when we're interrupted by the voice over of the pilot.

''Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain, I request you to fasten your seat-belts, we are taking off in the next few minutes.''

''Impeccable timing, he couldn't have waited a few more minutes,'' Athena grumbles and leans back on her seat. She crosses her arms across her chest, an annoyed look plastered on her face. I couldn't help but stare at her. She looks so cute with her cheeks puffed up.

''Love, you need to fasten your seat-belt,'' I remind her after a few seconds.

''Oh yeah,'' she slaps her forehead and grabs it.

Charles and Mila appear from the back and take their seats too. Athena eyes Mila, then focuses her gaze on me. A small smile appears on her lips before she turns to look at Mila again. ''Hey, you okay? You look exhausted.''

A faint blush appears on Mila's cheek while Charles, on the other hand is sporting an amusing smirk.

''Yeah,'' Mila replies, trying to stifle a yawn. ''I didn't get much sleep last night. Thanks to this one here,'' she kicks her mate.

''Hey!! You weren't complaining last night though, were you?'' Charles replies, then raises his hand toward me. ''Up top, brother.''

I lean forward and hi-five him as the two females roll their eyes. ''Ugghh, I can't listen to this anymore, '' Athena says and grabs the earplugs from the kit.

We soon take off and after a few minutes the pilot announces that it is safe for us to remove the seat-belts. Charles and Mila immediately retreat to the room, leaving Athena and I alone again. One of the crew members comes and offers us each a glass of champagne.