Chapter 51

-Athena-

The rest of yesterday passed in a blur. After we returned from visiting Axel, Nadia and their little bundle of joy, Ava, Theo and I decided to concentrate on our businesses. He chose to work in his study at the pack house, because, according to him, I would distract him. I didn't agree with him at first, but then gave in. 

At the end of the day, it was a good idea, since I managed to come up with more designs for the fall collection and also sent them to Rebecca. At least that will keep her off my back.

Currently, Theo and I are on the field, it's a little over 5:00 am and we're training as usual. Today, I can fully concentrate on my moves and punches. Turns out, I wasn't as bad as I thought. It was just the upcoming heat that was clogging my other senses. The heat was the reason I couldn't concentrate on anything else apart from mating.

''Ready?'' Theo shouts from the other end, breaking me from my thoughts.

''Yeah. Come at me!'' I shout back, and this time with no hidden meaning. I was ready to fight, my sole focus was on getting in as much punches as possible. Theo charges forward as do I. We both meet half way, ready to attack.

I predicted his first move and dodged out of the way before he could land a punch on me, then struck him from the back. He hit the ground with a thud as I towered over him, a satisfying smirk playing on my lips.

''Oh, you think you've won?'' he cocks an eyebrow at me.

''Oh no, no. We're just getting started babe,'' I continue smirking. ''Up! Get up!''

He is on his feet, and in a flash, has me pinned to the bark of a nearby tree. ''You got lucky.'' He hisses in my ear. If this were yesterday, I would have unleashed thirsty on him, but it's not. Today, we fight.

''Luck has nothing to do with it,'' I hiss back and wrap my legs around his waist, pulling him close to me. This took him by surprise and his grip on me loosened. Taking advantage of that, I pull my hands away from his, grip his shoulders and roll the both of us to the ground. In between the tumble, I let him go and separate myself.

''That was clever, love.'' He says as he gets up and dusts himself off, before charging towards me.

For the next hour we exchange punches, kicks and blows. I think I bit him too at one point. My right side is bruised by now as is his I'm sure. ''Hey, not the face!'' I duck from his kick and put some distance between us. ''The party is tonight!''

He stops midway, his leg hanging in the air for a few seconds before dropping it. ''Right, I forgot about that.''

Wiping the thin line of sweat from my forehead, I signal him to stop. ''I think we've had enough. Let's go back. I'm hungry now.'' And as if on cue, my stomach rumbled. ''See?'' I point to it.

''You're a monster,'' she shakes his head. ''Come on. Chef Perez, has been instructed to deliver our breakfast early. So I'm sure it's there already.''

We run back up the hill, past the tree with the hollow and to our house. Sure enough, the breakfast was delivered and placed on the kitchen counter, just like Theo had said. Both of us take turns in showering. I got dressed quickly and practically ran down the stairs.

''Cookies, cookies, where are you?'' I open the cabinets, searching for the box of cookies chef Perez, had sent. ''Ahh, there you are!'' I open the flap and pick one. I bite into it and by instinct my eyes close. ''Mhmmmmmm, oh goddess!''

''Are you eating the cookies Athena?'' I hear Theo's voice from behind me. Before I had the chance to turn, strong arms engulf me from behind. ''There is a whole spread laid out and you are eating the cookies.''