Chapter 4

-Theo-

''Theo! Theo! Where are you?'' I hear loud banging noises from outside my home this early in the morning. I put down my whiskey glass and open the door.

''What took you so long man? And why do you reek of alcohol? Have you been drinking?'' Ethan questions as he rushes in.

''Whoaa there man, who died and made you an interrogation officer?'' I slur and Ethan scrunches his nose up in disgust.

''That's not the point Theo, I need to talk to you. Are you okay to listen to me?''

''what? Huh....uhhh, yeahh man...''

''Oh god, this is hopeless,'' I hear him whisper. ''Where is Charles? Theo!! Where is Charles?''

''How am I supposed to know Ethan, I don't carry him around in my pocket!''

Ethan drags me to the couch,'' sit here and don't move, I'm going to look for Charles.'' And with that he walks out the front door and runs to Charles' home on the opposite side.

-Ethan-

''Charles! Charles! come on man, open up!'' I bang on the front door.

The door flings open and I'm face to face with a sleepy Mila and a very very grumpy Charles. ''What!! Is the sky falling down or is it an apocalypse?!!'' he grunts.

''It's Athena. I need you to come with me to Theo's now!!''

All the sleep leaves their eyes as soon as I mention Athena. ''Well what are we waiting for then, let's go!!''

We walk inside the house only to find out Theo passed out on his couch. ''When did he resort to drinking Charles?''

''I'm thinking last night; he was fine yesterday. He is even looking to do business in Toronto,'' Charles replies and a sigh escapes him.

''You wanted to tell us something about Athena, Ethan?'' Mila asks.

''Yeah...I called her today and......'' I start to explain everything to the pair.

''Do you think she is in trouble?''

''I don't think so honey, knowing Athena; she must have looked at trouble right in the eye and scared it away,'' Charles replies but I'm not convinced.

''I won't believe it until I see it man, I'm going to Toronto tonight as soon as I wrap up my business here,'' I tell them.

''What about him?'' Mila gestures to Theo.

''We need him to be his old self, you two make sure this...'' I gesture to Theo and the empty whiskey bottles, ''never happens again. We can't have him being like this, he might go rogue,'' I conclude and leave.

-Athena -

''Ready for tonight Athena?'' Nancy asks from behind me as I stand facing a long rack of dresses in our storage area.

''Will I ever be?'' I reply and turn to face her. A gasp escapes her as she looks at my face.

''Athena, what happened, did you cry last night? Your eyes are swollen and dear god those eye bags,'' she cries out.

''Nothing I'm fine don't worry, just a small breakdown. I'm okay now really, '' I tell her and give her a small smile.

In reality; I'm not okay. Not okay because I failed, I failed to live up to the promise I had made to myself. I had never wanted to be alpha, how did this happen and why is Ethan okay with this? What was the whole point of me leaving eight years ago then?