Chapter 27

-Theo-

''We should have followed her,'' I tell Charles while pacing across the living room.

''You think?!'' he replies, voiced laced with sarcasm. ''I just hope she doesn't do anything stupid.''

''Athena is not a kid Charles. I trust her not to do stupid things,'' I reply, feeling the need to support my mate.

''Yeah right, because she is not very the same person who went and pissed off a 600-year-old vampire, who now, wants her dead!''

I snap my head towards him. ''Now I hope she doesn't do anything stupid. I've already tried calling her several times. Her phone is switched off.''

''You should have gone after her man, stopped her from leaving at least,'' Charles says as he walks out the door and into Athena's apartment.

''And risk it once again. Charles I know her; she doesn't like to be pushed into making decisions. Although I'm pretty sure she will need us in this fight. We need to find out what Amunet has over her. I mean why would she suddenly be interested in killing Athena. We've always maintained distance with the vampires. They don't cross us and we return the favor.''

''We do need to find out Theo. Enough of sitting down and trying to talk to Athena. It always ends up in a fight and her storming out of here,'' he says. ''So now, what do we do about this?'' he then gestures to the murder house.

''We clean up the blood and call the professionals tomorrow,'' I reply as I lift the door and walk in.

''Typical alpha's, making their betas do all the dirty work,'' I hear Charles grumble under his breath.

The next morning, we call the cleaners and carpenter to fix Athena's apartment. ''Do you mind telling me what exactly happened here?'' the supervisor from the cleaning company asks me.

''Oh ummm,'' I try to come up with a reasonable lie but Charles beats me to it. ''Actually sir, you see, the uhh- owner of this apartment is mentally unstable. Last night she had one of her – episodes – for lack of better words and she went on a rampage. We tried our best and were finally able to contain her so we sent her off to rehab for a few days.''

I glare at him but he ignores me. ''Athena will kill you when she finds out,'' I mind link him.

''And who will tell her, you? Relax man, what Athena doesn't know won't hurt her,'' he replies, then cuts the link off.

After a few minutes of inspecting the house the supervisor walks up to me. ''Sir, the damage to this house is extensive. The windows in the kitchen and bedroom are broken. Maximum damage however is here in the living room. There is a lot of work to be done. This might take longer than I expected.''

''That is not a problem, take as long as you can. I want everything to be perfect. You can send the bill to me,'' I reply and walk out.

I'm now in my office, sipping on coffee when my secretary walks in, ''sir, I have called all the hotels in this area and the ones near your home, no one by the name of Athena Robinson checked in last night.''

''That's fine, thank you Alicia. You can leave,'' I dismiss her.

''Where are you love?'' I think out loud, swiveling my chair to face outside. ''Where are you?''

My phone suddenly rings, I look at the caller id before answering, ''Hi man, is everything okay back there?''

''You tell me Theo. What is your mate doing here? and more importantly,why are you not with her?'' Ashton asks me.

''Athena is there? Oh thank the moon goddess. I've looked everywhere for her,'' I sigh in relief.

''What's going on?'' Ashton asks me in that judging tone of his.