Chapter 11

-Athena-

''I need to think of something,'' I say to myself as I walk into my home.

As soon as I'm done showering I pour myself a glass of wine and make myself comfortable on my chaise. ''what.... can...I do? What can I do? This Amunet woman is starting to become a real pain and what's her problem with me?'' I grumble to myself as I down my drink and pour myself another.

Speaking of having problems with me, I should probably call my brother. Now where is my phone?

I get up and grab it from the counter and dial Ethan's number. He picks it after a few rings.

''Well...well.... well ...didn't expect to hear from you so soon Ena.''

''Hello to you too brother. Listen, I'm not going to waste any time here and get straight to the point. Have you heard of a vampire called Amunet?''

''Amunet?? I'm not sure I have but I could ask around. Are you okay Ena? Why are you asking? Have you gotten into some trouble with vampires? Do you need help? I'll try to come as soon as possible.''

''Calm your horses down Ethan and please don't come here. Also, I haven't gotten into a fight, I'm not stupid,'' I roll my eyes.

''Okay, then why do you want to know about this vampire?''

''Nothing you should be worried about brother, just a simple business rivalry. Anyway thanks, bye. Give my love to mom,'' I reply.

''Hold on Athena. Your business rival is a vampire? Of all the things and creatures in this world, a vampire? Don't you think this is a coincidence? And knowing you, you are already thinking of ways to bring her down aren't you''

''So what If I am Ethan, I can't let my business go down just because of some vampire bitch.''

''I'm not asking you to do that. If you're going against a vampire, you're going to need help...''

''Okay......I'm going to stop you right there Ethan. I'm not going to war; we are not going to be fighting with each other with swords and shields or claws and fangs for that matter. It's a business war and last I checked, you were not into fashion. So tell me brother, how exactly can you help?''

''I might not be able to, but I have friends who are in a similar line. Maybe I could speak to them, see if they can help and who knows, you might just come out on top,'' he says.

''Appreciate the concern Ethan, but this is my fight not yours. Thanks though, I've got to go now. Bye,'' and with that I cut the call.

As I lay in bed that night an idea pops in my head that I plan on running by the office first thing tomorrow morning.

''Nancy, call the accounts department. I need to have a word with them now!'' I order her as soon as I walk in the office the next day.

''Yes, boss,'' she mock salutes and proceeds to call them. ''Umm Athena?''

''Not now Nancy.... I need this sorted first,'' I reply hastily. I go through my emails first, reply a few when Nancy walks in, '' They're ready for you Athena,'' she announces.

''Great, come on, let's go.''

''Ms. Athena, good morning. It's not every day that the CEO visits us,'' Mr. Reginald the financial controller greets me. ''Morning to you too. I guess I should make these visits a habit now,'' I reply back and take my seat.

''So what do you wish to see today? our profits, losses, sales?'' he asks.

''Actually I'd like to see the budget for the 04th line of collection. I want to see the costs of manufacturing, producing, advertising, the photo-shoots, and everything else.''