Chapter 40

-Athena-

''I want to unblock the mate bond,'' I tell Theo, who is now looking at me like he's seeing me for the first time.

''W-w-what?'' he splutters. ''Athena are you sure? I don't want you to think that you're obligated to do any of this.''

''Theo please. I really want this, I really, really do. I've been thinking about this a lot and its time I acknowledge what I'm feeling,'' I put my hand on his cheek.

''What do you mean? What, what are you trying to say?''

''I'm trying to say that I love you. I love you Theo Argent, I've loved you for a while now but I was scared to admit it to myself.''

''Is that why you were behaving all weird this morning?'' he asks me.

''Umm yes. When you didn't kiss me, i- i- um thought you don't want me anymore,'' I whisper nervously and hide my gaze from him.

He laughs at my revelation then kisses me softly. ''Athena Robinson, I will never not want you. You are the love of my life, I fell in love with you from the moment I laid my eyes on you at Ethan's party.''

''You do?'' I look at up at him.

''Yes, I do,'' He smiles at me, his eyes boring into mine, holding all the love he could. I feel nervous under his gaze and a shiver passes through me.

''Ahemm,'' I shy away from him. ''So, are we doing this. Are you going to help me?''

''Athena, are you really, really 100% sure that you want to do this?'' he asks me.

''Theo Argent, you ask me that one more time, I'm going to punch you so hard you won't wake up until tomorrow morning!'' I yell at him. ''I want this, okay. I want you.'' I lean forward and kiss him softly on the lips.

''Okay, okay, let's do this. But, remember Athena, You're going to feel a lot of emotions running through you. So, if you feel any pain you tell me, okay? okay love?'' He holds my face between his hands and squishes my cheeks. I nod in response which makes him chuckle and he lets go of my face.

''What? What's so funny?''

''You looked cute with your cheeks all puffed. Remind me to pull your cheeks more.''

''You're crazy.''

''Only for you, love,'' he replies. ''Now come on, let's get to it.''

''Oh and Theo?''

''Yes, love?''

I lean forwards and kiss him on the lips. ''Happy Birthday.''

''Thanks, love. You know you've kind of given me the best birthday gift,'' he rubs his thumb slowly on my cheek.

''I'd like to think so too,'' I chuckle. ''So, shall we?'' 

I grab a pillow and sit cross-legged on the bed and Theo follows suit sitting in the same position facing me.

''Okay, so take a deep breath and close your eyes Athena. Then dig deep in your mind and look for that wall that is blocking you from linking to me,'' He guides me through with his soft, calm voice.

''You've got a really calming voice you know? You could be a yoga instructor.''

''Athena, focus!''

''Right, sorry. Okay, here goes nothing.'' I focus my mind on the mate bond and sure enough I could feel the block. ''I feel it, I feel it.''

''Okay, now slowly, lift the wall with your mind and let all the emotions in. Don't worry too much about the whiplash, I'm here for you, okay love? I'll make sure you don't lose control,'' he explains.