Chapter 47

-Athena-

I apologized didn't I? I told him I wanted to tell him about it, and yet he is still miffed. I just hope I can talk him into letting us do this. I maybe too proud to admit this openly, but Amunet is too strong, taking her down will not be easy and so we need all the help we're getting. Besides, Selene pledged her loyalty to us, so she's on our side.

''Theo?'' I push the door to the house open.

No answer. But, I could sense his presence inside the house.

''Theo, come on!''

No answer.

''I know you're in here. Look, can we please talk about this?'' I try to reason with him, but still, no answer.

Okay then, normally I would hate to do this, but desperate times call for desperate measures. I take in a deep breath, and using all the skills I managed to garner over the years, do my best impression of a helpless damsel.

''Theo, please, please don't shut me out,'' I somehow managed to speak up in the most broken, helpless voice. ''Talk to me, please.'' And to top the act off, I sniffed.

Not even two seconds, and the door, to what I'm guessing was the library, swings open, and out walks my mate, a worried look plastered on his face.

Shit, I'm good.

I quickly put up my mask of helplessness and desperation and look up at him. Now, if only I could somehow manage to conjure up a few tears.

''Athena, are you okay, love?''

Sold! Who needs tears anyway?

In four long strides, he closes the distance between us. He grips my shoulders tight and looks at me carefully. ''Were you crying?''

Was I? No

Was I trying to? Yes.

''Can we talk, please?'' I look up at him with the saddest face.

''Athena, I-''

''Please,'' I grip his shirt tight. If the puppy dog face worked on Ethan, then why not on Theo?

''Yes, yes of course.'' He takes one of my hands in his and pulls me towards the couch. ''But first tell me, are you alright? Did someone hurt you?''

I try to suppress the grin that is threatening to form on my face and purse my lips tightly. Theo sits on the couch and gestures to the empty spot next to him. Oh no, no, no. I could not afford for him to walk out of this conversation once I begin. So, I dropped my hand from his and straddled him.

''Athena, what? What are you doing? I thought you wanted to talk! And why are you smirking like that?''

I made myself comfortable on his laps and when I was completely sure that he was not going anywhere, I dropped my act.

''What is the problem with you?!'' I slapped his bicep.

''W-w-what?''

''Did we not agree that you would never shut me out just this morning?''

''Athena, I thought, you were crying, I thought someone hurt you, I thought you were –''

''Helpless?'' I cut him off. ''Tell me Theo, off all the times you've known me, when have I ever shown that I was helpless?''

''So all that was just an act?'' he cocks an eyebrow. I watch as realization sets in. ''I don't have the time for this.''

He tries to get up, but I'd planted my feet into the sofa corners and using my core strength, managed to keep us in place. ''Oh no you're not going anywhere mister. We are going to sit here and talk about this, like mature adults do.''