Chapter 17

-Athena-

''Athena watch out!'' A voice calls out from my left and I turn just in time to dodge an incoming sword attack. 

''We need to work on your defense skills,'' Leo says as he walks up to me.

''We need to work on my sword skills in general. Like seriously who uses swords to fight these days?'' I complain as we walk to the corner of the training room for a break.

''It's called fencing Athena not sword fighting, we are not in the medieval times,'' Leo replies with a shake of his head.

 ''Yeah whatever, the concept is still the same isn't it? How is this supposed to help me?''

''You won't know now but all this is helping in nurturing your skills. Your reflexes are great naturally, your hearing is great too, obviously. So it's supposed to be very easy for you to defeat your opponent. Want to go for another round?'' he suggests.

''Not today Leo, I need to get home and start getting ready for work, I have a feeling this is going to be a very long week,'' I sigh and start removing my gear. I kiss him goodbye and leave.

As soon as I walk into the building an uneasiness sets in. It happened first when I woke up this morning but I just ignored it but now it's back. The closer I get to my apartment the more uneasy I feel. Like something trying to awaken in me.

As soon as I get off the elevator a strong scent hits me knocking me off my feet. I have to grab the walls to stagger to the door. ''What the hell is this and why is it so familiar?'' I mutter to myself as I rush into my apartment,slamming the door shut and gasp for air. ''Holy crap, I need fresh air.''

I run to my bedroom and open the windows wide, leaning out trying to take in as much fresh air as possible.

 After about 10 minutes, I recover from my breakdown and walk into the shower. I get ready for work, grab an apple, take a deep breath in, open the door to my apartment and sprint to the elevator before an episode like the previous one happens again.

''I need to speak to the building manager regarding this, there seems to be something in the air,'' I mumble to myself while scratching on my lower neck, ''why the heck is this so itchy!''

When I walk in to the office, I'm met with an unusual silence which is very weird. There is usually a lot of chatter going on, everyone's discussing about their weekend shenanigans. Like who went where, who slept with who, who got drunk and passed out on the pavement and what not.

But not today, today an eerie silence has enveloped the whole office and the reason behind it is currently sitted in my office, behind my desk. On my chair!

''What in God's name are you doing here and what have you done to my office?'' I bellow, my blood boiling as I glare at the 600 yr old vampire lounging in my chair.

''And lovely morning to you too Athena,'' she drawls in her thick accent.

''Get out! Now!'' I growl out in anger.

''And why would I do that, when my presence here is enough to rile you up,'' she smirks, twirling a pen she obviously picked from my desk.

''Security!! Security!!'' I shout, trying to call the guards to throw her out.

''Ohh don't bother sweetheart, they're not going to come,'' she says with a wave of her hand. 

'Oh and by the way, burgundy is so not your color,'' she eyes my attire and scoffs. 

Stupid bitch, how dare she!

''What did you do to them. Oh goddess did you have them for breakfast?'' I gasp.