Chapter 28

-Athena-

''I hadn't realized how much I've missed this view until now,'' I say as I walk up to Ethan who is leaning against the rock.

''I used to come here once every week for the past few months. Just to clear my mind, to get rid of the thoughts of the horrible things that happened in the past year.''

''Horrible things, like dad's death?'' I ask him while sliding down the rock overlooking the meadow.

''Among other things, '' he replies and follows suit. ''Michelle's father also died Ena.''

''Oh my god,'' I gasp. ''Ohh shit. No wonder she reacted that way. Oh dear, I feel so bad now.''

''Yup. You know Ena, I envy you a little. You don't remember anything that happened, it keeps you away from the grief. You don't have the bad memories that keep you awake at night like it does to most of us. Take Sean for example, he had to take up the Alpha position abruptly. I'm pretty sure he doesn't know half of the things he does. And that's why Michelle spends some of her time at Shadow pack helping him out.''

''Wow. I didn't know. You say you envy me for not having the bad memories, but there were good memories too right? We must have had some good times and it sucks that I can't remember those too,'' I lay my hand on his shoulder.

''Whoa. The Athena who kicked me out of her apartment months ago would have never said stuff like this. What did Theo do to you exactly?'' Ethan looks at me wide eyed.

I chuckle at this and look ahead at the setting sun. ''He really laid it out for me you know. Made me realize what a big mistake I had made by pushing you all away when all you guys wanted to do was help.''

''If I'd known that from before I would've sent him in the first place. He sure knows how to keep you grounded Ena. It's why the moon goddess paired you both together. You keep him on his toes and he keeps you grounded and focused. You're his strength as much as he is yours. Together you're both a force to be reckoned with. Believe me, I've seen it.''

I choose to remain silent and not say anything on that but Ethan has other ideas.

''So, how does it feel now that you have your mate back in your life? I know it must be difficult since you have no memories about your time with him before. But I know Theo, he is a patient man, he won't force you into anything, although the mate bond must be driving you both crazy,'' he smirks playfully.

''Oh come on Ethan! I'm not talking to you about that,'' I playfully shove him. 

''Why not? We used to talk about everything before didn't we? I mean, I'm okay with talking about Michelle and I. It's all so amazing with her. The love we share, the feelings we have for each other, I mean the mate bond just amplifies all that. You know she is just like you, very independent and headstrong. But just like you, she too has a soft side and it only comes out when she is with me. Just like you with Theo,'' he smiles at me.

''There is no me and Theo, Ethan,'' I speak up after a few minutes of silence.

''What do you mean, there is no you and Theo? You are mates Athena; you're meant to be together. Don't you feel it every time he is near you or with you?!'' he practically yells at me.

''No I dont,'' I reply then look away from him. ''We blocked the mate bond.''

''You did not! Athena how could you?! This is absurd! I'm sure this stupid idea was yours. Did Theo seriously agree to this?''

''Yes. Yes, he did,'' I reply in a strong voice, trying not to show that it has been low key bothering me.

''Of course he did!! The man is hopelessly and madly in love with you,'' he throws up his hands in frustration. ''If you'd tell him to jump off a cliff he would probably do it. So long as you're happy!''