〔4〕- Amnesia

Nejire'sPOV
"It's me, Ochaco..." Uraraka breathed out.
Y/N's face did not change one bit from the look of confusion and slight fear.
Her hair was barely a flicker.
She was unconscious.
"Y/N...do you know who you are?" I whispered slowly.
"That's my name...Y/N's my name, right?" Her expression was weak and fragile, with no hint of knowing.
"Do you remember anything that happened...?" Uraraka sat down, still facing her with her skin pale.
"I....I don't know why I'm here...why am I in a hospital?"
She didn't remember anything?
"Get a doctor...now," I said urgently to Uraraka, and she ran out of the room, shouting down the hall.
Y/N now became worried, and tried to stand up, pulling the bedsheet off for the first time this week. And now that I got a good look at her, she looked sick.
She'd been fed through a tube because of her coma, and her hospital gown looked unhealthily baggy, her arms were like needles and you could see the bone definition on her calves.
I snapped out of my trance as I grabbed her arm, "no, you have to stay here,"
Doctors came rushing in, pushing me out of the way. Y/N became agitated and scared, and I knew that she knew something wasn't right.

Aizawa rushed in a few seconds later, asking what happened.
"She doesn't remember anything..." Ochaco choked back a sob.
"Nothing?!" He questioned, worry prominent in his voice.
She shook her head as she covered her mouth.
I just stood there, completely speechless. What was I gonna say? What was there to say?

~

At the end of the day
The doctors diagnosed her with amnesia. She hit her head so hard that all memories just left her head. She didn't remember anything about her attack, she didn't even know she was assaulted, so we couldn't help her or find the people responsible, not if she had no recollection of anything she'd ever done in her life, let alone what happened last week.
She was told that she goes to UA, her age, full name, class and dorm number.
"Why didn't you tell her what happened?" Uraraka demanded, in the doctors office, me, a couple of the teachers and a few nurses all crammed into the room.
"We think it's best if she doesn't know for now, she's already going through enough, and if we tell her that she may have been attacked by the League of Villains then we don't know how she will react, we think it's best if she just remains oblivious to all that right now," the doctor explained.
I looked out of his blinds, through the window at Y/N. She was getting her last wires removed and her bandages changed.
Best if she doesn't know...I guess he has a point.
"But she'll have to find out at some point," Aizawa stated.
"Yes, but in the future," the doctor nodded slowly, straightening a few documents in his hands while standing up out of his chair.
"But for now, she can return to school thinking that she just slipped and knocked herself out for now, and none of your students must tell her anything more,"
"And burned herself by overheating her hair," one of the nurses added.

We exited his office and went back to Y/N, with her school uniform laid out on her bed, her bag, books and other small belongings next to her. She was wearing a large crimson sweater, loose enough to show the black straps of her undershirt, black leggings with an opening at the thighs that had straps over, black and white converse trainers and black ankle socks.
"You ready to go back to the dorms?" Uraraka asked nervously.
"I guess...am I in the same class as you or Nejire-san?" She asked
Ochaco shook her head sadly, "but if you study with us every night and work hard like you used to then maybe you can move up to my class!"
"I'd like that," Y/N smiled happily.
There was something about her innocent smile, something that made both my heart ache, and my eyes water.
If only she knew, I thought.
"It's cold outside, want to borrow my scarf?" I offered a red and black tartan scarf.
"Thankyou," she gave another closed eye smile as I wrapped it around her neck.