〔𝐕〕- Not For Long

𝚂𝚑𝚒𝚐𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚔𝚒'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅
I was beyond angry.
At this point, furious was an understatement. A fraction of how I felt. I'd let her get caught, and now I'd have to break them both out of that goddam asylum. She'd made the plan all the more complicated.

"It's my fault, don't get so mad," Spinner said, "I should've tried harder to bring her back,"

"She was too quick, we would never have caught her," Dabi said through biting his nail.

Toga was irritated and restless, before she decided to go out and look for her that was. She would not listen when they said that she was caught and arrested. Spinner and Dabi saw her get taken away.
She refused to believe it and scoured the whole city to find her, but, of course, she eventually came back empty handed.

"We'll have to refine the plan in order to get them both out," Twice suggested, but everyone already knew that they'd have to wait a while before they could break them out.

~Days later~

ყ/ŋ's ℘ơ۷
It felt like the seconds ticked by in hours. I couldn't tell when it was day or night anymore, all I saw was endless white. Everywhere else I looked was the same clinical ivory colour that made my vision go blurry after moments of staring in the same place over and over again.
Every time I moved an inch the cameras shot my way and a prison guard would glance down towards me in my cell from above in the window.
The chains had been built as handcuffs and then they had fashioned leather straps that tied around my palms, seeing as my wrists were so small they could just slip through with enough effort. However, I did not try to escape, not once, because I knew something the guards didn't.

The league was going to come, and the breakout was planned this weekend, if they didn't come then, then they'd come whenever they felt like it, and they wouldn't be expected, so the chance of stopping them would be very slim.

The day was now, the first day that I hoped they'd come. I had no idea of what the date was, but I felt the hope of escape...
I thrashed about in my cell, and the whole of the guard operation in the viewing box began to look my way instead of towards the other prisoner that I'd figured out was the most dangerous.
The chains made loud metallic sounds and crashed against the floor and walls. In moments, the sprinklers burst out with freezing cold water, making my whole head practically scream out in pain.

But I figured that if their attention was all on me, then the prisoner in the central cell would have a few moments to figure out a way to get out. If the prisoner was who I though they were, than getting her out would help the league greatly.
As much as it stung, I continued to tug against my chains and resist against the splashing water, so much that my hands began to mould to lava as well. They melted through the leather straps, and I slipped my hands out of the cuffs. I was willing to try everything I could to help the league, seeing as I'd already caused so much trouble.

As I tried to stand up for the first time in prossibly days, I realised that I had heavy chains around my ankles too, which weighted down my legs even more than they were by the numbness. I didn't know how to turn my legs to viscus, so I brought my hands to the chains and tried to burn through them.
Then came the wave of water. Huge amounts of it splashed into the cell, rising up to my ankles and then continuing up my legs.

The chains stopped burning as they were cooled by the liquid, and it would not stop rising once it met my waist.
Was I going to drown?
Were they going to kill me?
The water was dark, and the white of the floors was swishing and twirling under the surface.
Soon, I felt a gas also flow into the room, sending me falling into unconsciousness backwards
.
.
.
.
.
into the water.

Drowning is such a funny and bizarre thing when you are asleep. It feels like you are suffocating, like your duvet was pressed into your face and wouldn't be released. You can feel the water flow into your body, down your throat, but you see...you are too far gone into the dreamworld that you can't wake up to stop it.

That's what it felt like. I was moments away from inevitable death before a pair of arms lifted me from the water.