〔𝐕〕- Rain's Fault

ყ/ŋ's ℘ơ۷
The rain pattered on.
I grasped my soaked legs, the blood on my hands had washed off, and the noises and splashing of the water above the tarpaulin leaked down the sides of the building.
I used to love this view, now I felt nothing. It wasn't the same, nothing seemed to provoke emotion anymore... so why was this person's name enough to make something in me snap?
Dried blood on my cheek was shielded by my hair, keeping my face warm.
It bubbled and let off ash at the ends.
I saw the assortment of stolen trinkets and stuff I'd swiped purely for the sake of it, and I was lucky that there was an umbrella in my stash. I lifted it up from the pile, matches, knives, wallets and all sorts fell off to the side.

I opened it up out of the makeshift tent and got out. The rain spilled off of the sides as I walked down the steel stairs, down the side of the building.
The street was much quieter, but there were loads of people rushing around the next block along, where lights and cars could be seen and heard. Must have been a festival or celebration of some sort earlier in the day.
Running my hand through my hair, it shifted to rock that covered most of my face, and I made my way to the lively street. I didn't want everyone from the league to find me straight away, I wanted to be alone, so being in a large congregation would be both good for hiding and bad for being recognised. But as long as my face was covered partially by my hair, and if my hair wasn't ash then I'm sure it would be fine - no one would figure out who I am.

The sound of my shoes tapping on the pavement was overpowered by the rain's pattering. Walking down the street, I tightened my grip on the umbrella. There was practically no wind, just heavy rain, but it made my hands shake and I'd eventually drop it if I wasn't careful. I reached the end of the road and turned the corner.
There was a short path then if I turned left again I'd be inside the horde of people.
I put my hand in the rain and wiped off the blood splatter, because there was one thing people would pay attention to, if not my identity, then the large red splotch on my face.

The street was almost blinding with fairly lights strung in between the opposite buildings, the road taken up by stalls of all sorts; food, wood carvings, figurines.
I stared at the bright decorations and illuminated artwork on the walls and on the road. Not to mention the bustling amount of people.
Making my way into the crowd wasn't too difficult, and the stalls all smelt of sweet sugar and donuts. I didn't have any money on me, so I snuck behind one of the donut stalls and slipped behind the curtain to steal a few churros. With ease, I snuck back out, the warm treats in my hand.

There ware loads of marquees that sheltered people from the rain, so I entered an empty one and sat in the corner. The buzz of the whole place was enough to take my mind off things, but now that I was alone, the empty feeling and the craving to quench that void was back. I leant my umbrella against the fabric, where it covered my face a bit more.
I bit into my churros, and soon enough they were all devoured. But it was like putting a drop of water into a tank, barely filling me up.

"Who was she...?"

The name...it wasn't leaving my head. It bugged me immensely, and I growled to myself when someone else came into the marquee I was sat in.
A pair of boys followed behind, and that's where I glanced up.

The most beautiful girl sat in between to taller males. She had long (slightly drenched) periwinkle hair braided into low plaits that rested over her shoulders, royal blue eyes, and clear, fair skin. Her laugh was so sweet and genuine, I felt my cheeks heating up.
Two bags rested in her hands, where a pink and white raincoat dripped with water.
Her friends looked out of breath, where as she looked full of energy and excitement.

"Those stalls were awesome!" She cheered.

An indigo haired boy glanced at her, then at the blonde boy next to her.

"Aww you can't say they weren't cool!"

I couldn't take my eyes off her.
The name...

Nejire

I stood up quickly, I had to get out. But the umbrella fell from my hand, dropping to the side.

"Oh! Let me help!"

She reached for the umbrella the same time as I did. Our eyes met, and locked, and as they did, I felt a wave of familiarity. Her expression was one of shock, horror, and confusion.
I guess that's how everyone would react when they came face to face with a homicidal criminal.  The next action would be a scream for help.
At least that's what I thought.

"Y/N...?" She whispered, her voice cracking.

My breath was ripped from my throat, all air punched from my lungs from utter shock.
She knows me...?

You know her.

Shit.
I have to get out of here, now.
I ditched the umbrella, running out into the rain, to which my hair fizzed and hissed in protest. I heard her call after me. My hair, the rain soaked it and smoke rose from my scalp.
It hurt.
It felt like I was burning.
I had little to no stamina, oxygen wouldn't return to my chest as my feeble breaths rasped with my desperate steps.
Sprinting through the crowd, the smoke was cleared because of the rain, but lasted enough to cover my tracks.

"It's Y/N L/N!"

"She killed someone!"

"It's a villain!"

I covered my ears with my hands, but my fingertips were seared from the reaction of the viscus, and I tore them away, trying to block out the crowds's comments.
I never should've come here, I'm going to get caught.

I should've just stayed with Dabi and Spinner. I couldn't breath anymore, and my legs were aching from the sprint. I thought I'd get away and slip into an alley, but someone grabbed my arm as I realised I was slowing down due to fatigue. I whipped my head around to them, and Nejire met my gaze.

"I'm not losing you again!" She cried.

I gasped, my chest rising and falling.
I grabbed her free hand, and grasped it in mine. What was I doing? I don't know her!

But how is she making me feel this way...?

My vision suddenly flashed with blue and red lights, and the all-too familiar sounds of sirens wailed in my ears.
My head was burning like hell, and made me convulse in agony.
I let go of her hand.

"Leave me alone!"

I ran away...

straight into a cop's arms...