〔18〕- Come Back

𝕌𝕣𝕒𝕣𝕒𝕜𝕒'𝕤 ℙ𝕆𝕍
Burying my head in my hands, my desk cluttered with newspaper reports and endless possibilities of finding Y/N that I had acquired over the days, the clock struck 1am, like usual when I poured over the evidence for a long period of time. I dragged myself to my bed, passing out almost instantly. A routine I had unwillingly picked up.

.•°¤*(¯'★'¯)*¤°   🎀  𝒩𝑒𝒿𝒾𝓇𝑒'𝓈 𝒫🍬𝒱  🎀   °¤*)¯'★'¯(*¤°•.
I had a habit of leaving my dorm room unlocked and my window open, in some stupid sense that Y/N might one day come find me again. I had no way of remembering her, I had no photographs, no texts and no possessions of her.

"She thought this through well," I whispered to myself.

If I kept my door and window open every night, then that was one way I'd remember her. Not that I could ever forget her anyway, my little kohai.
Uraraka poured her heart into finding her, but I don't think she ever will. Y/N had thought this through clearly, and had help. And now that Uraraka and I knew who she was with, I knew there was no way of getting her back.
The league had scouted her out because her power was deadly, useful though. If they could harness that power and use it to their advantage, then of course they'd find a way to get her to their side.
The phantom student. That was her name from now on, and the whole city now knew that a UA student had joined the League Of Villains. And, in their eyes, if the school continued to not keep a close watch of the students wellbeing, she would be the first of many.
But I saw the look in her eyes while she burned the dorms, a look of regret. But also betrayal. But I didn't understand why, at the time. Now, I think that the League had twisted the story to make it seem like we were the bad guys. Like we betrayed her.
But the horrible truth couldn't have been that far from whatever they told her, because it couldn't get that worse from what she went through in reality. They just twisted it with their words to make it seem like they were liberating her.
But, despite not knowing her until she was a completely new page in a book, with no memories and no recollection of her past self, I picked up the fact that she always put people's needs before her own. The way she told me and not Ochaco about her nightmares was because she knew it would upset her and make her worry, so she told someone she knew she could trust to keep it quiet. But I guess that didn't work out.

So the fact that Y/N is a considerate and caring person made the small bit of hope lie in me that one day she'd come back.

~
Third Person's POV
All of Y/N possessions were burnt with the dorms, and the girls from 1-B had to bunk with a roommate in 1-A for a few weeks while they rebuilt the girls' quarters.
Ochaco paired up with Ibara, Momo paired up with Kendou, Tsuyu paired with Yui and Setsuna, Mina paired with Kinoko, Jirou with Yanagi, and Hagakure with Pony.
The girls from 1-B were all full of guilt, expressing that they never wanted Y/N to leave.

"I miss her," Yanagi said to Jirou.

Jirou smiled sadly, "there's nothing we can do,"

"I was talking to Kendou, and she thinks it's her fault, but it's all of ours really," she continued,

"I feel terrible not talking to her, but I've never been the 'friends' type myself, so I thought it would be better if I left her alone, and I now realise that wasn't the right choice,"

Jirou put a hand on her shoulder.

"It's not your fault, things just didn't work out,"

"I wish she could come back..."

Jirou sighed, "we all do, but I don't think it's gonna happen,"

~

Uraraka, still looking at the news reports, had been paired with Ibara, and was grateful that she got a quiet and respectful girl.

"Uraraka," ibara whispered from her bed provided by the school, "it's late, you should sleep,"

"I'm sorry if I woke you up, and I know I just..." she trailed off, her head in her hands.

Ibara stood up and crouched next to her.

"We all...we're all horribly guilty and disappointed that we let it get this bad, but if you want to find her again, you need to know that it will be in a battle, because she's joined them, that was her decision,"

Uraraka had told Ibara about what her and Nejire had found out, and occasionally she helped her with her research, but she cared about her wellbeing and mental health, or what was left of it.

Hearing this from her, and even though deep down she knew that, she didn't want to believe it.

"She'll come back to us, she...she'll come back," Uraraka tried to kid herself.

Ibara sighed and stood up. They both knew that they couldn't do anything.

"Ochaco, this is unhealthy for you. She's...she's gone, please, just get some rest,"

~

Kendou was the guiltiest of them all. Nothing and no one could stop her from blaming herself.

"It's my job to make my class feel welcome and safe, I took that responsibility, but excluded Y/N, and I just let her become so damaged," she cried into her hands, sat in the common room, in the cold night.

"I just stood by and watched her break,"

Momo grasped her shaking hands and said, "none of this is your fault okay, it's just a bad situation that's branched off from a small issue,"

"That's the thing," Kendou wiped her nose with a tissue, "we all saw her issue, and either used it to raise ourselves higher, or completely ignored it,"

"You're talking about Monoma aren't you?"

"I saw what he was doing to her, I saw how much it tore her apart, but I just didn't do anything...I just want her to come back, so I can tell her how sorry I am,"

"Itsuka, you are nothing like him, and you already have such a huge weight you've put on your shoulders to take care of everyone, you were preoccupied with keeping your close friends happy, we can't take care of everyone, you have to understand that," Momo handed her another tissue.

"I just wish I'd talked to her, at least once, tried, like Uraraka did,"

"We all respect her for that, but right now we need to be there for her, she's really struggling, so wishing for her to come back will not help her mental state,"

Kendou took a shaky breath.

"You're right, thank you for letting me speak to you so late,"

"Don't worry about it."
Momo smiled softly.

~

Nejire was struggling, just like Uraraka. Every night she spent watching her slightly open door intently, waiting and waiting for her kohai to come back to her. But every night, she was only greeted by the silence of the dorms and the wind of the night outside. No sweet smile or kind touch of Y/N. Just the whistles of the wind.