〔19〕- Mission pt.1

ყ/ŋ'ʂ ℘ơ۷
It's been months.
I basked in the privacy and secrecy of the League's headquarters, the sultry glow of the dimly lit bar gave the room a dark aura that I'd grown fond of. I laid down four kings and a run of 4, 5 and 6 of spades.
Twice groaned and threw down his unfinished hand.

"Damn it I never win Rummy! Well done!" He twitched between his personalities.

I crunched into my lollipop and then threw it in the bin beside me.

"That's because Y/N doesn't change her cards and sticks to it!" Toga mentioned, "card games are what she's good at!"

"Honestly, I don't know why you bother, Twice, she'll always beat you, you know that," Dabi sneered from the barstool he was sat at, his feet balanced on the next stool along.

Twice, in response, huffed and pulled up half of his mask to take a large inhale of his cigarette.

"Let me dream," he disputed.

I collected up the cards and discarded them on the table, taking a seat next to Toga and looking at the information sheets provided by Tomura, while she twisted ashy ends of my hair through her fingers. I always wore it as a safety flame when around the others, but let it loose when on a mission.

"Hey, Y/N, ever think of letting me win?" Twice called from behind the bar, where he made his way to grab a small glass of Malibu.

"I'll kill you," I muttered in response, still looking at the pages, "do we have a mission today?"

Tomura nodded and threw another sheet to the circle table. I looked at it and saw that we had to 'interrogate' another part-time security guard. We were planning to break out this woman from a loony bin or whatever, and we needed to get information as to how the layout of the massive institution holding her looked. It said that she was this assassin that got caught, and that we wanted to break her out so she could join us.
This security guard looked like he had retired god knows how many decades ago and his unshaven beard and gross teeth made me want to throw up, knowing I'd have to lure him to where we could knock him out. I let out an irritated sigh.

"Oi, Twice, pour me a glass of that," I remarked, gesturing to the alcohol he was downing in one go.

I had developed a habit of drinking a little when I had to do one of these dreaded sessions. Partially Twice's fault.

"Underaged!" He mock-gasped, pouring me a glass.

They let me do whatever I wanted really, be it smoking, drinking or whatever, it was liberating really. He handed me the glass and I downed a third of it, turning the page to read the target's location.

"When're we going?"

"When it's darker, around 6," Tomura responded.

"Will it take long?"

"Why do you ask?"

"I have plans," I answered shortly, not wanting the conversation to continue forward, taking another sip of my drink.

They'd learnt not to question my activities outside of the LOV, mental stability issues. They knew I'd come straight back, straight back to them.