〔𝐕〕- Her, It's Always Been Her

.•°¤*(¯'★'¯)*¤° 🎀 𝒩𝑒𝒿𝒾𝓇𝑒'𝓈 𝒫🍬𝒱 🎀 °¤*)¯'★'¯(*¤°•.

It's maddening. Seeing the open door and window of my room had stopped being a sad but comforting reminder of Y/N, and had turned into a sore and bitter memory. It hit me with the realisation that maybe she never wanted to see me again, that she really has moved on and that...

That she forgot about me.

I was distressed and restless. I rocked myself in my bed, my knees hugged close to my chest as I watched the door. I willed it to creak open and reveal her. I wanted her to walk through that damn door so much it hurt. My throat tightened with the upcoming scream of agitation and impatience. Bedsheets kicked to the foot of the bed, the door remained still. I leant back and shifted my gaze to the window, but the strange hope I'd had on this weird night in particular had faded away with each minute I spent staring at the lifeless door, the person I missed the most never appearing behind it. I yelled into my knees, sniffing loudly.

As if on queue, the door opened.
Was she here!? Did she come?
I snapped my head up, my eyes wide and desperate to see her.

"Nejire-san? Are you okay?"

Her hair was the wrong colour. It didn't fizz and bubble with excitement, it didn't glow a beautiful vivid orange. Or give of ashy remnants of magma.
It spiked up in small pink tufts.

Her eyes weren't the same. They weren't a deep e/c that you could get lost in if you even caught a glimpse of her, they weren't the enchanting yet peaceful shape that blinked with ash-black eyelashes. Instead, they were a familiar dark reddish-brown.

Last of all, she wasn't the same.
Her small, nervous stature was replaced with a slightly curvy and confident one, her bandaged, thin legs were healthy, slightly tanned ones.

"Yuyu..." I whispered, my voice more of a statement then a question.

She opened the door more to let herself in, wearing a baggy grey jumper and baggy white shorts. She then shut it fully, to my dismay - she seemed to pick up on it, and opened it slightly again.

"Nejire...you can't keep doing this to yourself," my friend sighed, worried, "you're getting less and less sleep,"

She made her way to my bed and sat beside me while I still cradled my knees to my chest. I shivered, my bottom lip quivering as I tried hard to keep my overflowing volcano of emotions inside.

She stroked under my eyes with her thumb where eye bags got increasingly darker each night I'd spent forcing myself awake, to see if she'd return.

With her back to the door, Yuyu shuffled closer, and held her arms out, to which I threw myself into. She stroked my messy hair as she held me in her arms. Facing me open window, the small, cold breeze of the late night made me curl up tighter into her embrace. I guess I was desperately reaching for something that wasn't there, something that was missing from the touch.

The warmth of her skin.
But my friend was not who I'd wanted her to be when she walked through that door; nonetheless I needed comfort from someone I had known for a long time.

Not someone I'd known for what was a few weeks, only making friends with the new part of her as the old her was long since forgotten. But the years of friendship I'd had with Yuyu couldn't seem to compare to the weeks of friendship I'd had with Y/N, if friendship was the right word. I'd felt something in my heart whenever I was with her, everything always seemed to much brighter when she was around, like the world and it's colours I was used to suddenly brightened to vibrant pastels as the surroundings felt like a fantasy, a dream. It was different to how I felt around Yuyu and Ochaco.