〔7〕- Study Time and Suspicion

Y/N's POV
Things aren't likely to just up-and-leave my brain, well, as far as I know. So what happened was going to taint my head for the remainder of the day. The unknown reason why that fear struck me like something I forgot, something that was important
.
.
.
Scary even.
I assumed it was, because it felt like my heart was pounding straight out of my chest. 

I followed Uraraka's text directions to the library, passing through nearly deserted hallways that seemed to wind up down and all around the school until I saw a pair of sliding doors and the sign saying 'study room' next to them.
Uraraka wasn't waiting at the door, she said she'd be a bit late because she had gym last period, so I hid behind a bookshelf and looked through history books that contained information I was most certainly never going to use. The Australian Rabbit Proof fence, The Leaning Tower of Pisa, Malaysian Artefacts. None of that would ever be important. I felt a finger poke the back of my neck, and for some reason, swerved round and stepped back, almost tripping, but the periwinkle-haired girl caught my arm, "whoops! Careful there, Y/N-Chan!" Nejire's winsome and alluring voice giggled. Again, that weird and unexplainable familiarity of fear hit me, but left soon after.
I sighed and laughed awkwardly, steadying myself. Her hands held mine and she flashed a bright, closed-eye smile.
"I'm glad you came and found your way!"
That smile made my heart skip a beat as I took notice of how soft her hands were, and how the were still holding mine. I felt the short hair burned to ash light up in flame.
"Woah!" She gushed.
"A-ah, ummm," I shook my head and it returned to normal.
She let go of one hand and walked me to a separate table near the back of the library, with a cluster of books piled on one side, her blue-grey bag with kpop-keychains, her white pencil case with a lily pattern branching across it, and her blue, green and white pens spilling out of it.
"Sorry for the mess," she remarked, "I was here last period so my stuff's still everywhere!"
"It's fine, don't worry about it," I squeaked.

Uraraka'sPOV
On my way to the Library - I was running because I was around 10 minutes late - Y/N's teacher called after me in the hallway.
"Miss Uraraka, please may I talk to you for a second," he looked worried sick.
"Oh, yes sir,"

~

"She's experiencing flashbacks," he said bluntly, but panic masked his face.
"F-flashbacks..?"
"But they're unlike anything I've seen before, it's like she is experiencing the fear she had while she was attacked, but she doesn't know why she's becoming so scared, she thought of a blue flame to be able to heat up her hair in training today, and she began to have a panic attack,"
The colour drained from my face as I bit my lip.
"She doesn't know why she's having this anxiety...right?" I asked slowly.
He shook his head, "that's what I'm worried about, it's too early for her to find out, but these images are too specific to just be random-"
"She isn't stupid, is what you're trying to say, right? She'll begin to question what's going on with her and get suspicious, Y/N may not remember anything, but because of the torment and stress she's already lived through, she's developed a sense of what's real, what's not and what isn't right,"
He sighed and rubbed his forehead.
"We don't want her to know about it, because if that's how she reacts to a minor detail, then hearing the whole story will send her into shock,"
I nodded, and looked at the clock.
"Aren't you meeting up with her?"
"Yeah, Nejire and I are going to study and train with her most days after school,"
"Sorry to keep you behind, but I needed to discuss it with you because you are the person she was closest with."
"Yeah...."
I exited the classroom and ran down the hall, all the way to the Library.
I saw Nejire and Y/N at the back of the room, and I bit my lip once more. I speed-walked up to the them and discarded my bag under the table.
"Hello Ochaco!" Y/N greeted me.
I didn't answer the first time, lost in thought. She elbowed me and waved in my face, "earth to Ochaco! Did you float out of the atmosphere?"
"O-oh hi.." I responded.
"Are you okay..?" She looked at my pale face, "you look like you've seen a ghost..."
"Yeah...yeah I'm okay,"
I knew Y/N instantly didn't believe me, but like always she didn't question it and picked her pen back up and continued to write in her notebook from an English book. Nejire was sat next to her, and looked at me in question; I picked up my phone and texted her, everything me and Vlad (Y/N's teacher) talked about.
She looked at her phone with fear in her eyes, then back up at me.
"Guys, what is it?" Y/N looked up from her book, "you're both acting weird now, what's the matter?"
"I-it's nothing, just... it's nothing," I tried to say, but Y/N wasn't having any of it.
"Uraraka, there's something wrong, please just say,"
I was really stuck. There was nothing I could say to get out of this.
Nejire was also speechless.
"There's something you guys aren't saying, and it's really freaking me out,"
Nejire, surprisingly, chimed in and said, "well... we are just both disorientated and concerned for your health..."
Y/N 's breath hitched as she heard those words.
"How did you guys know about my weird panic today...?" She asked.
"Uuuuh, we d-didn't...we were just concerned, for your health...you know, regarding your memory...with you not remembering your friends and family," Nejire finished.
Y/N relaxed.
"Oh, is that it? Well, don't worry, I'm fine now that I've got you two," she laughed lightly, "you really both are worry-guts!"
Now I could tell that she was hiding something, or rather, trying to, because me and Nejire both already knew.
"Well, let's do this now," she changed the subject abruptly, pointing to the English book.
"Oh yeah, that's what we're here for," I said.
Glancing at Nejire with a relieved face, I pulled out my books from my bag and opened them.

~

It's been a while since I've updated this book, but I haven't had a lot of motivation recently due to life sucking and that, but I knew I needed to update so here. Have a nice day/night! 💕

Wildfire zzzzz