〔16〕- 𝑊ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑑𝑜 𝑛𝑜𝑤~

.•°¤*(¯'★'¯)*¤° 🎀 𝒩𝑒𝒿𝒾𝓇𝑒'𝓈 𝒫𝑂𝒱 🎀 °¤*)¯'★'¯(*¤°•.

I wanted to move. I wanted to run after her, but my legs wouldn't move, my body stood helplessly in place.
A picture swept along the wind near my face, and it landed at my feet. I looked down at it. Half burnt, it was a picture of Ochaco, the other half was burnt off, but I presumed there was another person there. Ochaco looked younger, possibly from middle school.

"Maybe this was Y/N?"

I grasped the photo and traced my finger along the burnt ends.
I watched as teachers went into the woods surrounding the school after Y/N, but the violent glow of her hair wasn't anywhere to be seen, and if she escaped then they'd have to comb their way through the streets to find her, but I wasn't sure they would.
Why would she do this?
She found out about what happened to her, but...how?
We were so careful, but I guess her suspicion led her to a horrific discovery.
But, surely, if she found out, she wouldn't have burnt down half of her dorm building...

That is, if she heard the real truth.

"Who told her..." I muttered to myself, looking on at the melted hole in the wall. I saw her face. Before she left, it was a look of regret, and apology.
The way I looked at her must've hurt her...was this my fault?
If I'd have tried to stop her like Ochaco, would she have stayed?
All of the students knew to never tell her, and were under strict instruction to not mention her assault.
She said she saw the street she was attacked in in her dream... oh no...

I ran to Ochaco, and dragged her away from everyone else.
She was sobbing, but I shook her.

"She went to the alleyway, she saw it in her dreams,"

She sniffed,
"What? Why did she not tell me?"

I shook my head, "she knew you'd worry, but I know she went... she wasn't in school today, so I know she went there,"

Ochaco looked behind me, still gazing at the wall.

"You could be right..."

"And I think that she found him," I whispered, I couldn't believe what I was thinking, it scared me.

"You think she found ... she found her attacker...wait, how do you know it's a him?"

Admittedly, I've been brainstorming her situation the whole time she's been back.

"Think about it, she went missing, she got burnt even though she is fireproof, which means she got burnt by something hotter than her skin can handle, but she wasn't killed, and she got amnesia, so her attacker obviously wanted her alive for something,"

The colour drained from her face.

"So you know who attacked her...?" I asked her.

She mumbled his name with poison on her tongue, "Fucking Dabi,"

She fell to the ground and punched the earth beneath her.

"How did we not realise!? We thought it was the League of Villains, so why didn't we actually connect the dots?"

"We were so caught up in keeping it a secret I guess we kept it a secret from ourselves too,"

She groaned in frustration, and stood up.

"Do you think we can help find her?" Ochaco bit her lip.

Tears trickled from my eyes, "I don't think we'll find her at all..."

Ochaco grabbed my shoulders, "no! We'll find her, you can't think like that!"

I wanted to listen to her, but I knew that Y/N would do anything she could to stay away from us, and I knew Ochaco knew that too.

~a week later~

𝕌𝕣𝕒𝕣𝕒𝕜𝕒'𝕤 ℙ𝕆𝕍
We did everything we could, we tried so hard, we put out an alert, we patrolled the city countless times, but Y/N couldn't be found.
And it was no surprise.
We went onto the school records, but everything about her was wiped clean. No photo, old or new, could be found on her, no information, birth date, age, quirk or anything, even her full name, was all removed. It was like she never existed. Someone had hacked into the school's website and removed her from its records. But me and Nejire knew she was still out there.
It was hard to get the news to send out a missing alert, because we had no pictures of her.
Despite not being able to find Y/N, what we did find was rumours and whispers on the street about our school's help and dedication to our students.
As well as burnt down homes and missing people, only to find them turning up days later, with no memory of what happened. They were dropping like flies.
~

The day after she ran away, Nejire handed me a half-burnt picture, it was of me.

~
"I found it when she ran away,"

"This was when me and Y/N went to the fairground a few years ago," I stroked the empty space where Y/N was meant to be.

"She even burnt away the photographs of her," Nejire bit her nail, "do you have any other pictures of her on your phone?"

I shook my head sadly, "she never let me take any, and when she did it was always her wearing her black mask and a baggy hoodie, so you could barely recognise her, and I didn't get any recently,"
~

I knew why she got rid of all her pictures. They were pictures of her from before her assault. They were from when insecurity was eating her from the inside-out.
Therefore, out of insecurity and self-hate, she removed herself from the world, digitally anyway. I knew Y/N better than anyone, better than any bastard who thought they knew her more than me. I knew that after she found out about her past, she wanted no one to remember her as that 'undesirable' monster, that's what she used to call herself. She wanted to just ghost the world. She wanted to be nonexistent, she wanted to leave this world so badly and the only person stopping her was me. That was, until Nejire came along. I realised that Y/N was always so comfortable around Nejire, and over these past weeks she's always trusted her over me, and I knew that she loved her.
It hurt to think that she told Nejire about her nightmares before me, but I knew that's he didn't want me to worry, as her closest friend; it was my job to worry about her. My responsibility. She was my responsibility, but I neglected that responsibility. God, why didn't I message her when she didn't come to school? Why didn't I go with her to Main Street in the first place, then none of this would've happened!

What mattered was, she had obviously joined with a group in order to remove all traces of her existence, and that group was what we all feared.

The League Of Villains had turned a Student Hero into a Villain.

And nobody knew what she was capable of.

~