〔5〕- Rehabilitation

Y/N's POV
-Monday-
I woke up early, seeing as this would be my first day back at school, but I'd have to learn everything all over again, but - like I said I would - I was going to meet Nejire and Uraraka in the library after school to go over a load of things, and I hoped that we could do it every day.
I picked up my uniform, I noticed it was quite big on me.
"Hmm," I pondered, putting the skirt up against my waist. The adjustment buttons were pulled over a few holes, but I had to pull them to the limit to make the waistband at least fit round my hips; even then the actual skirt portion was a bit too long, so I rolled it up a little bit. My white shirt was less long, but like before it was quite baggy.
"This is annoying," I huffed, the long sleeves having to be rolled up too.
"I don't mind the oversized blazer though," I said to myself, straightening it around my shoulders and my fingers fumbled with the sleeves that almost completely covered them.
The black thigh-high stockings were also baggy, I think they were meant to be over the knee, but I stretched them up to my thighs so they wouldn't ruffle. My loafers seemed to be the only thing that still fit properly.
Recently, I had been wearing my hair up as a short pixie cut, the rest burned off to ash to make it easier for me to wear clothes. Ochaco suggested that I only wear my hair down fully when I'm doing quirk training. I was nervous for that, because the first day back meant that I'd have to do quirk training.
I glanced around my room, taking in the light grey tinted walls and red accents around the furniture. I guess I like...liked...red and grey. The colours did look nice and went well together. My desk was a bit cluttered, homework, study notes, books and broken HB pencils were strewn all over the charcoal black painted surface, I must have studied hard and often. I stroked it with my fingers delicately, the neon blue lava lamp next to my bed making me smile. How ironic.
I had a picture frame of me and Ochaco on my windowsill, both of us poking our blue slushy-stained tongues out and juggling around 6 bags full of clothes, perfume, plushies and key rings with half drunken plastic cups of the blue drinks and amusement park tickets. I saw the key rings on my bag, the plushies on my white bed and the purple perfume bottle placed on my shelf.
That looked like we had so much fun, the huge rollercoasters and carousels faint and blurry in the background with the bright summer sun giving the picture a vintage glow.
I picked up my bag, with my old books, pens and notepads, before picking up the picture frame and placing it in the front pocket. The notebooks were huge, crammed with sticky notes and such.
"I guess I'll have to look through them after school today," I murmured, wrapping the straps over my shoulders and walking out of my room.
Komori and Kendou were waiting for me at the end of the hall.
"Hey Y/N, do you want to walk with us?" Kendou asked.
"Yes please!" I replied cheerfully.
"Are you nervous...to meet the teacher ..again?" Komori questioned as we walked out of the doors.
"A bit," I confessed.

~

I sat down in the seat that had my name on it (it was written on a piece of paper), the rest of the students bustling about and chatting by their desks. I was sat behind that fairly...obnoxious blonde, Neito I think it was.
Then a tall man, with white hair and a harsh, looking scar on his cheek that corresponded with his rough expression, walked into the room. I cowered slightly in my seat and averted my gaze. He was quite intimidating. It seemed that the rest of the class didn't find him scary in the slightest, and I felt a faint hand on my shoulder, and turned around.
"...Don't be scared of Sensei, he's not as rough as he looks," a light grey haired girl with parted, short hair said.
"O-okay...Yanagi...right?"
She nodded, before concluding, "he takes care of his students, don't worry about him."
I smiled softly and nodded, before taking my book out. Whilst the rest of the class were still talking, Sensei came up to my desk, and asked, "would you like to have a while to catch up?"
I looked up.
"I-is that okay?" I stuttered.
"Of course, we learn about the same things, just to make sure that the students understand, you know, curriculum and that, but can you remember anything about basic math, or some about English?"
"I'm sure I do, if I look in my books, do you think I'll find it easier?"
"I'm sure it'll click, you work really hard so there will be everything you need in your notes, I'm sure of it," he smiled, he had a toothy grin, and it looked quite amusing with his sharp canines. It reminded me of Tetsutetsu, he had a toothy grin too.
I chuckled a bit.
"It's good to see a laugh from you, L/N, I'll leave you to your book, you don't have to pay attention to this lesson, this is just a recap, but next lesson will be a training one, so just stick with me and I'll guide you through it, okay?"
I nodded.
Oh god. I knew I'd have to train today. What if I mess up? I barely remember how to do anything with my hair...

~

Next Period
While in the changing rooms, I was handed the number of my locker. I opened it, and inside was, what I presumed was my hero suit, and a blue training outfit with white stripes that made out the word UA at the front.
"They gave you a new uniform," Kendou said.
"Do you know why?" I asked, surely I could use my old one.
"Uhhh, no, I don't know..." she stammered.
"Hmm, strange..."
I sat down on a bench and pulled off my socks, and put on my trousers, slipping my skirt off afterwards. I took of my blazer, folded that up with the rest of my clothes, unbuttoned and unrolled my shirt, and zipped up my training shirt.
"Oh, should I put this on?" I grabbed a black vest.
"It'd be a good idea, just in case," Komori suggested.
I did as was suggested, and slipped on a pair of black and red trainers.
"K-Kendou, can I stay with you? I don't know what I'm doing..." I latched onto her arm nervously.
"Of course, all you need to do is gather around Sensei in the gym and he'll take the register, then, normally, we'd get separated to go to personalised stations, emitters, mutant and transformation quirks would all be grouped together, but you cross categories so you'd go in either emitter or mutant."
I nodded, okay, so I could go in with Kendou, maybe Ibara, or I could go with Komori, I just hoped I'd be able to do this.
~
We stood in the gym, and Sensei called everyone's names in the register.
"Right, Y/N, please come with me, everyone else, your training session is going to be lead by Thirteen, behave yourselves," Sensei announced.
I followed him to an outside court, where he turned and asked, "what can you remember about your quirk?"
"Well, um, I remember how to lengthen it and shorten it, but...that's it,"
He hummed, thinking.
"Have you got your book?"
I reached into my pocket and grabbed out a small notebook.
"I think these were notes I took about my quirk," I handed them to him.
"Okay, we'll try heating up your hair to its limit, as a first,"
"Wait, how do I do that...?"
"It says in your notes, it's like you knew this could happen one day," he chuckled, "let's get started!"