𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐚

She owned him her whole life.

Okay, maybe not her life but the least she could do was to buy him chocolate. It was almost the same thing anyway. Unfortunately, Tyler hated chocolate and almost all kinds of sweets. Maybe a nice shirt?

Soon was the fifth anniversary of the day when they first met and Penny wanted to give him a nice gift for that magical day. He deserved something that showed how much she appreciated everything he had done for her.

Tyler Campbell was the one who found her singing on the street when she was barely twenty and took her under his wing, officially becoming her manager soon after that. Knowing that he could help her much more than the Youtube covers she was doing, she agreed almost immediately.

Because of that, Penny moved from Texas all the way to Los Angeles in hopes to make a career out of country music with the help of Tyler. And he really did make her dreams come true.

"Missing me already?" she jokingly flirted when he called like she always did.

"I still need a month or two away from you. Are you having a good time there?" She was visiting her family in Texas and didn't have any date when she would fly back home. If it was up to her parents, she would live with them again.

Jane O'Connell couldn't stop crying when she hugged her daughter for the first time in over seven months and even her husband seemed to get a bit emotional. Penny clearly hadn't visited them enough since she moved away almost five years ago and unfortunately, that was easy to notice also in her relationship with her sister.

Heather was only ten years old when Penny left and because of that, she hadn't had a chance to really be there for her and see what kind of person the fifteen years old teenage girl was now. Penny had been really busy with work for the last few years but luckily her parents had always been more than supportive when it came to her career.

"Yeah but don't worry, I won't forget you." It was hard to hide the humor in her voice and she started to chuckle already after a few seconds which he completely ignored.

"Are you free on August 10th?" She hardly knew what she would do next week, let alone two months later.

"Shouldn't you know if I have anything as my manager? Poor Ty, I fear that you're finally getting old and your memory is failing. Listen, I'm Penelope. P-e-n-e-l-o-p-e. You owe me your boat." There was a humor in her voice even though she wouldn't say no if he truly decided to give her that huge and very expensive boat of his.

"... So you're not coming, good. Bye," Tyler, always the serious and boring one, said and almost dared to hang up on her.

"Wait! Okay, okay, I'll stop. What happens on August 10th?" she asked, now getting serious because she knew that he would end the call any second.

"I'm getting married," Tyler answered casually as if he was talking about lunch. Penny, however, was speechless about five seconds before his words registered in her brain and she started to cheer up.

"You finally did it! My Ty is getting married! What a day! Tell me everything, right now, and don't forget any details. Not even sex. No wait, you can leave that out. Also, the wedding is on August already?"

The words kept coming out of her mouth and before she even knew it, she was talking about Tyler's sex life. Oh well, that just meant that they were close enough to talk about silly or important things. At least, that's what she thought but like always, he had to destroy her joy with his attitude.