𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬

Because Penny was finishing the last month of the tour, she was unable to attend the MTV Video Music Awards at the end of August where she was nominated for four awards. She could win all of the biggest awards that everyone wanted to win, Noah was sure of it.

When he had first heard the news, he was so incredibly proud of his girlfriend. The news weren't even a big surprise because it was only a matter of time when she got the recognition she deserved. If not before, now the whole world knew how talented Penny was.

Because she had a show at her tour on that very day, it was Tyler who had accepted all three awards that she had won. For a second Noah had feared that it would have to be him who went there and get the awards for Penny before realizing that it wouldn't make any sense to put him in that position.

It wasn't easy to wait for her to come back so that they could officially celebrate together for her big win. Only two weeks and he would have her home for good, well at least until her next tour which luckily wasn't even planned yet. From what he had understood, it could be at least another year until she would return on tour.

Maybe he was selfish but he wanted to have her all to himself for a while. It was time to see what the so-called normal dating was like since all they have had for almost eight months was long-distance with daily phone calls and few meetings here and there.

Luckily there hadn't been any big fights, only a couple of small arguments between him and Penny. Although, there was that Isabel-situation and the fact that had lied to her about not being able to go to Texas but that was all. At least he hadn't managed to fuck up anything else.

"Are you even listening to me?" Noah heard the familiar voice of Isabel asking and he forced himself to focus more on her. Only a couple of weeks till she's back...

"Yeah, you were talking about your work," he answered which was probably a wrong answer since she let out an impatient sigh.

"I stopped talking about that ten minutes ago. Stop daydreaming about Penny and help me with my dating life," which doesn't exist so what was there to talk about? "I was telling you that I have a blind date this Sunday."

All of his thoughts about his future with Penny and how impatient he was flew out of the window. Noah was already about to say no but then Penny's and Isabel's own words about how much he sometimes controlled her life returned to his mind.

Taking a deep breath, he somehow managed to push away his earlier thoughts. He truly wanted to show her that she had his full support in everything she did and that he wouldn't act like her father anymore.

The point was that he wouldn't try to stop her from having fun anymore only because he was too worried of her. Thanks to two of his favorite girls, he had started to realize that his overprotective behavior wasn't making anyone happy anymore.

He wasn't the only one worried about his reaction since Isabel did nothing but look at him as if waiting for him to list all the reasons why this was a bad idea. When he didn't say anything, she started to explain the details fast, looking very excited about the weekend.

"I was having lunch with Avery and she asked if I was dating anyone and she told me that she knows someone I might like so she set us up. I know, he's a stranger but maybe that's what I need. Who knows, maybe Avery knows my taste better and..." she kept talking and talking, clearly forgetting that a man named Dorian Marshall ever even existed.

Staying silent, Noah only smiled, listened patiently and prepared himself to stay there for hours because it looked like she wouldn't shut up anytime soon. And he couldn't be happier about that.

💐💐💐

Why was she forcing herself to go through this again? As an idea, meeting new men sounded good but now that she was waiting in a restaurant for that to happen, she was freaking out.