𝐮𝐧𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐜𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐬

Soon November turned into December which meant that he was finally able to celebrate Christmas with Penny. There was still a bitter taste in his mouth from last year when they hardly talked and wished more than anything that this year would be a better one.

Speaking of last year, Noah finally heard the reason why Penny had barely talked with him during last year's holiday. Apparently, that was the time when she had realized that she had feelings for him and she got jealous that he could have gone out with some of Isabel's friends.

How adorable. And a bit disappointing, considering how much time they could have wasted if they had just communicated better. They could have been almost two years into a relationship now if they had just talked!

On the other hand, if their relationship had started earlier then they wouldn't have gotten that baking-evening with Penny with Grey's Anatomy-marathon. The night that started with him being angry and confused with Penny ended up being one of the few evenings he treasured the most. To think that it happened when they were only friends!

Today they would repeat some of the baking when they traveled to Texas to celebrate Christmas with Penny's family. His own mothers had gone through with their plan and started their journey of traveling around the world at the beginning of December. Since adopting him, there hadn't been a single Christmas that he didn't celebrate with them so this was new to all three of them.

Well, at least they weren't missing and crying after him too much. All he had gotten this morning was a quick phone call and apologizes for being away before they had to leave.

It would have been much more satisfying to be angry at them but how could he when they seemed to have so much fun while traveling? He hated to admit it because he worried a lot but going on that airplane could be one of the best decisions they have made. Besides adopting him, of course.

"You think Heather is gonna flirt with you again?" Penny sighed tiredly on the taxi, looking like it annoyed her to even say that. Frowning at the memory of her sister, Noah wondered if it was too late to go to a hotel.

"I wish I could say no but we both know I'm too loveable and unforgettable for that. I mean, you're with me," he winked smiling

As if reading his mind, Penny gave him a kiss. "Babe, I'm gonna be with your for the next eighty years if you let me. My point is that she shouldn't flirt with my man!" God, her possessive side was truly a turn on and if they weren't on the taxi, he would have gotten rid of those clothes.

"Merry Christmas, sweetheart!" he just said the hundreds time today. Even though they slept together pretty much every night and took turns of each other's homes, today was especially special. It was Christmas Eve and he would celebrate it with his favorite person in the whole world for the first time ever!

It took ten more minutes for the pleasingly quiet taxi driver to get in front of Penny's family house. After they paid for the drive with an extra big tip for Christmas, they picked up their luggage and went to ring the doorbell. They waited only a few minutes when Jane opened the door with a large smile on her face.

Before he could even greet her, she hugged them both at the same time and held them in her arms for over a minute. Since he was prepared for this, he didn't try to get out or even felt awkward like he usually did. Instead, he hugged her back with the same warmth he had whenever he was with his mothers.

"Took you long enough to come here! We already started to prepare food so we wouldn't have to wait till late evening to eat. And merry Christmas to both of you! Noah, we're so glad you're here with us!"

Noah smiled at the red sweater that had Santa Claus in it and wondered if Christmas clothes were a yearly thing because Penny was also wearing a red reindeer sweater. Surprisingly, he had one too. It was similar to hers but green and her parents had sent it to him as an early Christmas present.