𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞

Hiding in the bathroom, Penny listened as Noah walked inside with his mothers. They had been planning this surprise for weeks and had met a few times to talk about what songs she would perform. He had even gotten his own show to make sure that this was exactly what his mothers would want.

According to Noah, they were her huge fans which, of course, made Penny even more nervous and anxious about this private show. The last thing she wanted to do was to disappoint the couple even if she had never met them. But she knew Noah and he was proof that they were great people.

"Why don't we go to the living room? We can talk there. Do you want something to drink?" she heard Noah's voice and bit her lips to make sure that she wouldn't make any noise.

"You don't need to serve us in our own house." That was an unknown voice but Penny knew that it was either Ellen or Debbie.

Soon it starts, Penny thought and almost jumped with excitement. She wanted to go there already but she had to wait for the sign. Noah was very strict about that, doing things like he said and not ruining the surprise in any way.

"It's so calm and quiet there, I'm sure nothing will happen!" Noah said in a louder voice oh, so subtly. Penny chuckled and walked out of the bathroom to the living room where she was supposed to perform.

She couldn't help but laugh when Ellen and Debbie's mouths opened wide from shock before going completely quiet. No one said a word at least for a minute until the blue-haired woman screamed. Another woman, who had pastel pink hair, just stared at her and Noah in silence as if she had trouble understanding what was happening.

Penny didn't know what to do when they kept staring at her so she just stood there with a guitar in her hand and looked at Noah. Seeing that and the state his mothers were in, he stepped closer to them, took their hands and forced them to sit down on the couch.

"Happy anniversary, I love you both a lot. Hit it, Penny!" Taking that as a sign, she went to stand in front of the window.

"Hey Ellen and Debbie, my name is Penelope O'Connell and I just wanted to say that you're very lucky to have a son like Noah who prepared all this just for you. I also want to say happy anniversary and well, I hope you enjoy the show," she smiled and started to play with her guitar before starting to sing.

By the time she was in the last verse, she noticed that both of them had tears in their eyes. They were sitting close to each other and held hands while Noah was standing closer to the wall, watching his mothers with a soft smile.

She got more courage of them and continued to her second song without a break, then the third one and the fourth one. Before she knew it, an hour had passed by and they had started to dance beside her somewhere after the sixth or seventh song.

Watching those two women holding each other so tightly, looking at each other with pure adoration, made Penny not only emotional but also hopeful that she would have her chance in love too.

When she stopped singing, there was a silence for a while as if they were making sure that there weren't more surprises. Then they started to clap and ran to Noah, hugging him while sobbing and laughing at the same time.

"Shh, stop that, I hate to see you crying. Plus, I can't introduce you to her if you don't calm down," Noah whispered before turning to look at her. "Mom, Mama, this is my friend Penny. Penny, these are the loves of my life."

Penny watched nervously as the woman with pastel pink hair, Debbie, looked at her, and didn't understand why her heart was biting this fast. She had met people before, why was this time so different?

"Thank you, Penelope. I - we, uhh - hold on," she said, took a deep breath before starting again. "We both love your music, which Noah probably told you already, and this feels unreal to have you in our living room. Am I dreaming?"