𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝟏

"No mercy for you!"

"Ooh, I'm shaking with fear!"

Biting her lips, Penny tried not to laugh at the serious look he had on his face. It seemed that Noah was confident that he could beat her in the Just Dance that they started to play about half an hour ago. Song after song they danced, she won and he kept telling her that she was just lucky.

One minute later she had a chance to prove him wrong once again, and the rest of the world, that she still could beat her husband in dancing. Noah had finally agreed to learn how to dance! She had tried to get him to sing and dance for so long but he had showed zero interest to both.

To be honest, she wasn't as interested in making him learn to dance just for fun. No, she just wanted something new to compete with him, to make them fight to the death against each other and this was the perfect opportunity. Besides, competing in anything made their marriage even more interesting.

"You just got lucky, grandma!" Noah smirked even though he must know too that the reason for her winning was her years of experience in dancing instead of luck.

"Shut up! If I'm the grandma then what are you?" she said back which only earned her a glare. Honestly, she was getting worried that the infamous middle-age crisis would be finally here now that he had turned forty a few months ago.

Before he could answer, they heard a quiet knock on the door. She frowned in confusion and looked at Noah to see if he heard it too. All he did was shrug his shoulders as if to say "don't know, don't care" which meant that it would be Penny who had to sacrifice her life and open the door to whoever creep was out there.

"There's a damn doorbell, why are they knocking?" she muttered annoyed and walked to the door. As soon as she saw who was standing there she forgot everything she just said.

"Finally someone opened the door, we have waited forever!" the six years old mumbled dramatically. Penny hadn't seen her daughter since Friday when she went to a sleepover and left the unusually quiet house to her parents.

"Lily! Didn't I just tell you to be quiet?" Heather whispered and glared at her niece while holding sleeping Elijah in her arms. She was also carrying their bags that probably had too many things just for two nights but like Penny always said, it was better to be safe than sorry.

While Liliana was planned and hoped for a long time, Elijah was a surprise. A wonderful, beautiful surprise but still something they hadn't planned to have. In fact, they had talked about being satisfied with only one child after her unusually hard labor. Oh, how wrong they were back then. Now Penny couldn't even imagine their lives without that little boy.

It might be the four years age gap but Elijah was much calmer than his sister. That didn't mean that he didn't absolutely adore Liliana and try to keep up with her. Although, most of the time he played with toys or asked his parents to read to him. He loved listening to stories!

"Oh, you came already? I thought you will be here at four," Noah asked and walked past Penny who still stood in the doorway hugging Liliana who was trying to get away. Without a word he took his son to his arms before holding him as if he was just a newborn baby.

She noticed the way he looked at their children and almost got emotional when she saw the real, unconditional love that Noah had for them. Before Liliana was born, he had told Penny that she would be the only one he would ever love. With one look at his daughter, Liliana proved his own words wrong and a few years later Elijah managed to do the same thing.

That made her remember when he had cried sometimes even more than her. It happened when she had announced that they were expecting a baby and both times in a hospital when he first held them in his arms and whispered that he was going to be a super Daddy who loved them to the moon and back. So far he hadn't broken that promise.