𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠

Staring at the tiny human in his hands, Noah was afraid that he would accidentally drop him to the floor. Although he had held the boy many times since he was born, he still feared that he was trusted too quickly with him.

"I think he likes you," Georgia said and touched Felix's tiny cheek carefully with her thumb. The love that she had for him was clear as day in a single movement and once again Noah thought that if someone was born to be a mother, it was this woman.

"How can you know? All he has done with me is sleep," he pointed out.

"Isn't he cute when he does that?" She still hadn't taken her eyes off Felix who was two months old today. The little man had grown a lot while Georgia and Tyler looked like they hadn't slept even an hour during that time.

Despite that, all three looked like they couldn't be happier as a family even though Felix probably liked everyone who let him sleep in their lap and who gave him milk. Ah, how easy it was to be a baby although Noah could live without all the touching and baby talk. Felix was a baby, not a zoo animal!

"The fireworks start soon," he heard Penny's voice from the other room. Confused, he looked at the time on the wall but Kaman already told his girlfriend what an idiot she was before he could do it

"They don't start at 3pm," he laughed and that made at least four other people do the same thing. When he looked down at the baby, Noah noticed that Felix was opening his eyes very slowly as if it was the hardest thing he had ever done.

Before he could even say hello, Felix gave him his own greeting which was a loud, nerve-wracking cry that immediately hit Noah in the heart. Oh god, oh god, he was crying. What did he do wrong? What was he supposed to do now? Was there some kind of off-button in him that made him stop making that noise?

"Is my boy in a bad mood again? Yeah? Are you Mr. Cranky Pants?" Georgia said with a gentle voice that was full of humor while taking her baby in her hands before looking at Noah. "You're free now, save yourself and enjoy New Year's Eve like an adult who's not a mother of a very needy baby."

"I don't want to leave you alone here," Noah said, furrowing his eyebrows.
Although, he wouldn't mind going somewhere else where hopefully wasn't crying babies. Kidding. He loved Felix, he was so adorable.

But maybe Noah should talk with Penny and make sure that they wouldn't ever have babies of their own. Just in case...

Instead of being honored that he would sacrifice his time, she just laughed. "Don't worry, we're coming too. I still can't believe that you refused to leave when he fell asleep."

"Oh well, it was nothing..." he mumbled awkwardly because he didn't know what else to say. Georgia had given Felix to Noah about an hour ago and he had immediately fallen asleep. At first, he didn't know what to do but after a while, he had relaxed while making sure that the baby wouldn't wake up from his nap.

They couldn't be with the others because they were too loud so they stayed in the living room. When she had come to ask if he was alright, he always said that he was fine.

He wasn't fine, not at all. Not only was he bored out of his mind but he was afraid to move in case something happened to Felix who he had to take care of alone for the first time.

He was already almost out of the room when he realized that Georgia hadn't followed him as she said. Instead, she had Felix eating her breast which immediately made Noah turn around with a blush.

"I'm just breastfeeding, silly!" she chuckled but he still didn't turn around. Seeing someone other than Penny's breasts wasn't on his to-do list even if it was only about feeding a baby.