𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞

"You're late!"

Sighing, Penny counted to ten and reminded herself that this was a beautiful reunion. Tyler and Georgia had just come back from their honeymoon and the first thing they decided to do was to have brunch with their friends.

She didn't have to think twice before agreeing to come and she knew that Noah was also here. Unfortunately, she didn't hear from him because they never exchanged numbers so she had to ask her manager for the list of people who were invited. The same manager who was currently stopping her from going inside.

"Sorry, I was sleeping," she said, still yawning because she had gone to sleep only around 5am and Tyler's stupid phone call had woken her up way too early.

She tried to look behind him but he moved so that she didn't see who else was there. "It's almost noon!" he frowned and looked at her with his judging eyes. Stupid, pretty brown eyes.

"It's only 11.30am and it's not - Noah! Come help me!" Penny yelled when she saw him walking in the background. She hoped that this wasn't awkward because it had been a while since they last met. In fact, they hadn't had any contact since they talked in that dog park after the wedding which happened a month ago.

Both Penny and Tyler had been preparing for her album release which was only two weeks away. She had done a few interviews and performances here and there but other than that she's been bored while waiting for that day to come.

Noah walked towards them and looked at her behind Tyler. Then he nodded at her as a greeting and gave her a polite smile. "Hey Penny, you're here too."

She realized then that today they wouldn't have any lovely conversations and they wouldn't smile and laugh together. Maybe it was a one-time thing, something special to remember years from now. She smiled sadly at that.

There was something in him that screamed for her to stay away, not to get too close - in any way. And dear god, Penny would have loved to have someone like him in her life. No, not someone like Noah. She wanted Noah, as a friend. But it seemed that he didn't want her.

"We know the same people," she shrugged as if to say that meeting at the brunch wasn't an as big surprise as he made it sound. Tyler must have seen something on her face when he stepped away and let her in.

"Everyone is in the kitchen," he just said. When she finally got there, she first hugged Georgia who was glowing with happiness when she reminded Penny to call her Mrs. Campbell from now on. Marriage looked really good on her, on both of them.

"I have a secret," she then whispered. Penny's eyes widened at that and she couldn't hide her surprise. Sure, they had known each other for almost a year but they didn't know each other, not in a way where they could share their deepest secrets with each other.

Like any human being, Penny wanted to know the secret but she wasn't sure if she was the best person to hear it. Where was her sister or best friend? Did she have a best friend? Damn, Penny needed to talk with her more often and get to know her better.

Georgia looked around the room where there were about fifteen people. Most of them were strangers to Penny but she managed to spot a couple of familiar faces too. Then she moved to the bathroom and it took her too many seconds to realize that she was supposed to follow her.

"I think I'm pregnant," the black-haired beauty whispered as soon as the door was closed. Penny was speechless, full of thoughts and feelings, but mostly she was excited for her and Tyler who would turn thirty-six soon while Georgia was thirty-three.

Then she remembered what Noah had told her in the dog park and started to panic a little bit for not knowing if she should say something about it or not. Would she mind if she heard that Penny knew that she had been married before and had a miscarriage? Was that something she kept as a secret and only told to a few special people?