𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐠 𝐦𝐚𝐧

Penny was very excited! Her second album would be out in two months and she had just finished recording her newest songs in the studio. Even though writing songs was more challenging for her, recording them wasn't easy either.

Tyler had different opinions about what was good and what wasn't which had led to many arguments. Often ordering her to record over and over again the same songs, she did that long enough until they were both satisfied. Although it didn't feel like that at the moment, it was all worth it in the end.

For the last couple of months, she and her team had been promoting the album. Luckily she didn't have to be the one to call people and beg for her to be interviewed in their shows. All she had to do was go where her manager told her to go, talk with people for a while and perform her new singles.

Doing that made time go faster than she had realized and now was already the wedding day! She had talked with both Tyler and Georgia many times and eventually managed to make a perfect soundtrack for their wedding reception. She still had a hard time believing that they wanted her to sing there of all singers.

Actually, she would be one out of two singers who Tyler and Georgia hired because they didn't want her to be on stage all day. Quoting their words, she had to have time for fun and not just for work. Didn't they know that singing was more than just work for her? Either way, she agreed to be the first performer who opened the real party.

Right now she was watching them saying vows to each other with their family, relatives and friends sitting in the crowd. She listened as the groom and the bride talked about love as if it was the most important thing in the world.

The more she listened, the more she realized that she hadn't experienced any of that. She had never loved or been loved this deeply. There hadn't been a reason to complain about that before because music had been her number one goal for as long as she could remember.

Despite that, she had started to become a bit lonely lately and didn't know what to do about it. Dating had been tried before as well as one-night-stands but they hadn't given her the kind of company she wanted. Maybe she had been with the wrong kind of men or maybe she just had too high standards for who she wanted to be with.

"Are you okay?" Romeo Meyers whispered in her ear. She faked a smile and pretended that she hadn't just thought about the huge hole she had in her love life.

"Of course. Did you see all the food there is?" she whispered back and got a laugh out of him.

"Yep. I sure missed you, Pen, but right now I would throw you out of here just to get a piece of everything," he joked, making her laugh too.

Sometimes she feared she made a mistake when she broke up with a man like Romeo who always knew how to make her laugh but then she realized that they truly were better off as friends.

Sure, she had dated many guys in the past but he was the only one who still mattered to her. He was an actor who had worked on in show business for about ten years. Starting his career as small side characters, he was now always chosen as the main star in movies and series.

She might not have loved Romeo in a way he deserved to be loved but she cared about him very much. Instead of a boyfriend or future husband, he was more a brother to her. That was why she had broken up with him after dating for almost a year.

Fortunately, he had understood her and never said a bad word about her which she feared. She wasn't sure if she could go back to life before him. When they parted ways, he had reminded her that he was still only one call away if she ever needed him or a place to stay.