𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩

There was no denying that Heather was in trouble. She had gotten into fights more often, spent weeks in detention, didn't care about the rules and was rude to their parents. She had even drunk alcohol!

Penny had listened as her helpless mother came to ask her if she knew what had happened. But what could she know? She hadn't talked with her sister since her last visit to Texas besides texting a few times just to make sure that she was still alive.

But somehow Heather always managed to keep her answers short, no matter what she said, and Penny got the message loud and clear: Stay away. And she did, hoping that it would change something. But her behavior seemed to have gone worse.

Deciding that maybe a familiar face could help, Penny took Romeo with her to Texas. Heather became quickly like a little sister to him when they were dating. Because of that, she wished that he could make her talk even if had been over a year since they last met.

"You think it has something to do with a boy? Or some kind of team pressure, doing what her friends do?" Romeo asked beside her on the airplane.

Penny shook her head even though she couldn't tell anything for sure. The sad truth was that there were a lot of things she didn't know about Heather anymore. "I never thought she would scream at Mom and Dad or give them trouble."

"Me neither," Romeo sighed and when no one continued the conversation, he changed the subject. "So what are your plans for the big day?"

Penny groaned, having forgotten that her twenty-fifth birthday was next month. Even though she had always celebrated them, birthdays weren't something she waited for months.

"Absolutely nothing," she answered and couldn't be happier about it. Honestly, she really wouldn't mind if she spent this year's birthday at home, watching Netflix alone.

"That's just sad, I'll figure something out. Nothing big, trust me." Of course she trusted, that's why she knew that she could as well forget the relaxing day already. They had known each other for four years and she knew from experience that nothing big didn't belong in his vocabulary.

"How are your parents? Johny and Eliza? It's been too long since I have seen them."

She had liked his parents as soon as she met them even after seeing their judging eyes and heard their comments about her taking advantage of Romeo and his fame. Considering his past girlfriends and some fans who were... obsessed, she couldn't even blame them.

It took her a while but she got on their good side eventually and later they were sad to hear that they had broken up. Nancy had even said that Penny was her favorite of all Romeo's girlfriends and Joseph had simply said that he was sad to see her gone.

Jonathan was the oldest of the Meyers siblings at the age of thirty-five who had directed dozens of movies and had even won awards for them. There had been an unplanned pregnancy in college with his girlfriend Louisa, who was now his wife, and his oldest twin boys were fourteen and their sisters were nine and five.

The second child was thirty years old Eliza who was an absolutely gorgeous woman who was a bit overweighed but it didn't make those revealing tops look any less amazing on her. She was a cartoonist and had spent five years writing her own superhero-series while dating a woman named Yvonne.

And the baby of the family was her dearest Romeo at the age of twenty-seven. "They're all fine. Liz is gonna propose soon and Oscar has his first girlfriend," he explained the most recent news. The said boy was Jonathan's firstborn so it truly was exciting times for everyone.

They arrived to Texas at 4pm and immediately got a taxi. Now she regretted that she hadn't told them that she was coming, let alone Romeo who didn't seem to mind coming uninvited to his ex-girlfriend's parents' home. Her parents had always liked him but now that they weren't together, Penny wasn't sure how they would react.