𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐥𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐬

How cliché it was for her to sit by the window, stare at the rain and wait for a man to call her? It had been four days since she got enough courage to kiss Noah. Even though she had been thinking about it for weeks, she never actually believed that she could do it until that Friday evening.

Penny was completely spontaneous, not stopping even for a second to think about how he could react, and just went there. It was a bit unclear how that began but it had something to do with laying on the bed and staring at the wall while thinking about Noah. So she had gotten up, put on shoes and a jacket and drove to his home.

When she got there and rang the doorbell, she still didn't know how she should handle the situation. Should she say hello normally? Should she confess her feelings as soon as he opened the door just to get it over with? Or should she show him how she felt instead of telling?

There was less than a second to decide what to do after he opened the door and without thinking, she had kissed him. She even waited for him to kiss her back which never happened. When that realization came to her, she felt so much humiliation, sadness, shame and even anger that she couldn't be there anymore.

"I just had to do it even once." Why would she say that after he basically rejected her without actually saying it? She just had to go to his house and destroy their friendship?

Now she was slowly understanding the truth of Noah not wanting to have anything to do with her anymore. Now she was just a woman who kissed and had sex with every man she saw. At least, that's probably what he thought about her. She had ruined it all and didn't know how to fix it.

Penny had called him twice and he never called back. A small part of her wanted to keep doing that until he answered but the bigger part, that her brain listened, wanted to forget that he ever existed in her life so that she could move on easier and find another man.

Still, she had been waiting, hoping, praying that he would try to get in contact with her somehow but so far he had been avoiding her. That was fine, he had a right to feel his emotions and talk as little to her as he wished. She couldn't even blame him for wanting distance.

But was she alright with it? Not really.
She couldn't just do anything for it. She made the first move and now it was his turn and if she understood correctly, this was his move. So better get used to it now so she won't be crying after him anymore.

Yes, she might have overreacted just a bit two days after not hearing from Noah. As soon as it was over she promised herself that it would be the last time she cried for him or any man. And she wasn't alone. Romeo learned after one conversation that something wasn't right and immediately came to her home to see it with his own eyes.

Penny must have looked pathetic with make-up all over the face, red eyes and messed up hair, wearing pajamas at 3pm because he made few calls and stayed a night with her. Well, it was supposed to be just one night but he was still at her home with no plans to go home.

She could have been responsible for not wasting so much of his time but it had felt too good to have him there. With Romeo she didn't think about Noah much, a least both Romeo and Penny herself were trying to give her something else to think about. As soon as he hugged her, she started to talk and he learned all about Noah and how much she liked him.

First, he said that he had a terrible taste in men, which automatically made her smile, and then he had been trying to keep her busy so that she wouldn't have time to think about Noah. Most of the day it worked because she loved to spend time with him but at night she remembered Noah again when she was alone.

"Say hello to the goddess named Penelope Athena O'Connell!" Romeo yelled from the kitchen and came to her to the living room with her laptop. That confused her only for two seconds but then she realized that Kaman's face was on the screen.