𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝟐

Small hands kept playing with the red dress and a frown on her forehead showed that the girl wasn't happy to wear it and the sheer tights. Too bad Penny wouldn't dare to go to a party with her daughter dressed in jeans.

Noah wouldn't have minded if that was what Liliana wanted to wear but according to his wife, it wasn't acceptable. Because she could be a bit of a control freak in times like this, he made the easy decision and stayed out of the way when she had started to get the children ready for the party.

"How long do I have to keep this stupid thing on?!" the blonde-haired girl asked from her father.

"All day so try getting comfortable," Noah said and even smiled at Liliana to show that nothing she said had any effect on him. Yet. "Look at your brother, he doesn't complain about his clothes!"

"Because he's too baby to know what looks good and what doesn't," the girl muttered and looked behind them to see her mother walking behind them, holding Elijah's hand. They were walking a bit slower than them, especially with Liliana running ahead if she wasn't told not to.

"He's two, not a baby. And how many times do I have to say not to be mean to Eli? You could hurt his feelings," Noah sighed, repeating the words he said about ten times every day.

"I wasn't mean to him, he didn't even hear what I said! And if he did then he wouldn't understand." Noah loved her to death but her attitude was making him think about running away with no plans to return.

He would never do such a thing but maybe a day or two away from them would make him remember why they had decided to have children in the first place.

"Aunt Gia is there!" Liliana suddenly screamed and pointed to their destination: Georgia and Tyler's home where Felix's eleventh birthday was celebrated today. Georgia was currently standing by the door, clearly waiting for them.

Unfortunately, no matter how much they tried, she and Tyler never got another child because she was unable to get pregnant again.

For years they talked with over ten different doctors about it and even her miscarriages in the past but nothing could be done. It was hard to accept but that only made them love their only child twice as hard.

"We are here!" Liliana started to run towards the familiar woman and this time Noah let her run as fast as she could. "Where's Felix?! We have a gift for him but he only gets it if he's with me all day."

Georgia looked at Noah with raised eyebrows but didn't say anything. Both of them were aware of Liliana's crush on the older boy and Noah tried so hard to pretend that he was just imagining it.

Thinking about his six years old daughter liking some boy already awoke the overprotective side of him and he had an urge to keep her locked at home all the time. That way she wouldn't meet any boys who would only break her perfect little heart.

"He's inside but wait till I say hello to..." Georgia stopped talking when she noticed that the girl was already ringing the doorbell non-stop. Before she could say anything, the door suddenly opened, revealing an older man.

Even at the age of forty-seven, Tyler Campbell looked the same man when Noah first met him in his wedding all those years ago but with a bit of grey in his hair. "Look who finally decided to show up? Late again like always!" The frown stayed on his face almost ten seconds before he started to laugh happily, letting them inside.