𝐬𝐞𝐱 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤

"You have my permission to hold my hand," Penny said and started the movie. Noah frowned embarrassed as he remembered the first time they watched a horror movie together.

Unlike he had thought, she wasn't scared of horror and barely even reacted while watching them. Noah, however, wasn't as used to them and had to watch somewhere else than television when it was just too hard to watch certain scenes.

That's how Penny ended up spending the rest of the evening hugging his body and holding his hand. But he couldn't say anything to that because apparently now that they were friends, it was her job to make him feel more comfortable and vice versa. Fucking hell, he was already regretting this whole friendship-thing.

"You have the candy?" Noah asked when he only saw the popcorn that he had brought. Penny ran to his room where she got her bag and came back with candy and chocolate. Then she went to the kitchen and got beers for both of them.

"Had a good day at work?" Penny asked, sitting beside him on the couch and put her legs on the table as he did.

"Yeah. You?" Noah knew that she had gone to some talk-show to perform yesterday and watched it from his laptop. It wasn't that long because there wasn't an interview but it was still the best part of the show.

Answering the same short yes, Penny started the movie. That was the end of the conversation which was more than fine to Noah. They would talk more if they wanted or if something interesting had happened but they never talked just to avoid the silence.

The same had continued a month already. Ever since they talked on that balcony, they had gotten much closer and hang out a lot. Much to his surprise, Noah liked it. A lot.

Penny was actually a really good company. She would listen and talk with him but most importantly she also knew that he wanted to be alone too. She understood him in a way no one had done since meeting Isabel and that was more than ten years ago.

After thirty minutes of watching the movie, she paused it and turned to look at him. "How come you're not married?"

"Do I look like I want to be married?" he asked and continued the movie. She paused it again and continued this pointless conversation.

"I mean, I get what you mean but you're almost thirty. Haven't you ever had a girlfriend who you wanted to, you know, stay together with?" Penny looked genuinely curious about this.

"Not really. I mean, I have dated few times but they never worked out," Noah shrugged to show that it was no big deal. And it truly wasn't. "You're not married either."

"No, but I'm five years younger than you. I still have time," she smirked. Chuckling, he waited for her to say something else and when she didn't, he continued the movie.

In the end, Penny ended up cuddling into him again but this time it didn't bother that much. Somehow she convinced him to watch another horror movie which ended when it was almost 2am.

Noah wished her a good night after he had made a bed for her in his room and was about to close the door when she said his name.

"What's wrong?" Noah asked worriedly.

"Stay," Penny whispered under the covers. He stared at her for ten seconds before coming to the conclusion that laying down next to her until she fell asleep wouldn't be the end of the world. So he stayed.

He had barely slept an hour when he woke up to the sound of the phone ringing. It was Penny's who was too busy cuddling him while dreaming about god knows what. He should talk with her about all this touching and cuddling because it was getting ridiculous.