𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

Tick-tock. Tick-tock. Tick-tock.

Noah heard the clock on the wall and could only think that the more minutes passed by, the less time he had with Penny before her tour started.

Twelve days. That's how much time was left and he was already missing her. He thought about her leaving and spending seven, almost eight months around the world, only coming home on special days. How did this happen? When did she become so important to him?

It didn't make the situation any better than she hadn't answered any of his calls or texts. He called her over ten times yesterday and even tried a few times today too until he gave up. The worst thing that could happen was for her to leave while they were still arguing because that meant they wouldn't talk at all until she came back on September.

It was a nightmare to think about not hearing from her for such a long time and now he was more determined to get her to listen to him. That was the first part of the plan. The second one was to figure out what exactly did he want to tell her.

It had been almost a week since Penny kissed him and he was still just as confused as before, if not even more. Sure, there had been days when he had been dreaming to kiss those lips but that was just in his head. When that became reality, all he could think about was how much he wanted to continue it before realizing that it could never work.

That's when he saw the pictures. Romeo's face was all over the internet and magazines when he went to Penny's home and left after three days. Noah was a man enough to admit that he made the mistake of immediately jumping to his own conclusions.

The thought of them getting back together was horrible enough to make him almost throw up and that's why he avoided calling her. He didn't want to hear it from her after seeing how the media congratulated the golden couple for solving their problems.

"You are a stupid man, Noah, and you made a mistake," he mumbled while watching Max and Bailey who were staring at him with judging eyes. That's probably what both of them were thinking and he knew that they were right.

"I know that already, you don't have to scream it to my face," he answered to his dear dogs who still didn't move away. Instead, they kept standing next to him like statues, not taking their eyes off him.

Penny had told him numerous times that even though she had dated Romeo in the past, they were now just friends. It was completely normal for friends to sleep over each other's home. Hell, he had done that with Penny and they didn't get together then so why did he make such a big deal out of it? Because he was jealous. Admitting it to himself was much easier than telling it to her.

Honestly, he was tired of this game where they both had turns when to give each other a silent treatment. Yes, he had started it but Penny didn't have to answer it by doing the same! The easy communication between the two of them, that he had always treasured, was long gone and it was a miracle if they now got past the hello and how are you's.

What he missed even more was her hugs and pecks on the cheek. They had started to get almost like a routine, something she always did without neither of them thinking too much of what they meant. But now that she had kissed him on the mouth, Noah couldn't stop himself from wondering if she was trying to tell him something even then.

Now sounding like a teenage girl with her first crush, he wondered if she could have feelings for him. He was going crazy and called the only person who could help him.

"So... what's the problem?" Isabel's tired voice made him frown. He had just explained the situation to her, hoping to get some advice on what to do because he was absolutely helpless in them, and this was what he got?