𝐠𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐦𝐦𝐲𝐬

On the red carpet, in front of hundreds of celebrities and cameras, was Romeo Meyers holding hands with his boyfriend. That was their first official event as a couple which had immediately gotten everyone's attention.

It was almost as if they had just turned into aliens in front of them. That alone showed how much things needed to change in the world and among people's attitudes.

The media went as far as asking mostly questions about his dating life and, most shockingly, his sexuality. Romeo stayed professional and knew exactly how to handle them but Penny could see that he was getting annoyed.

One reason for that had to be the fact that his actual work was only mentioned a couple of times despite earning two Emmy nominations.

Although she would have loved to be there to support, Penny was watching the event live from television with Noah next to her. They had spent so much time together during the last couple of weeks that they were practically living together. It didn't matter whose house they were at, Penny always called it home.

"I'm so nervous. This is such a big thing for them," she said, feeling her heart beating so fast that it wouldn't be a surprise if it came out of her chest any minute.

She had been in Kaman's shoes and knew how it felt to go in this kind of event with Romeo but it couldn't even be compared. Her being there was considered normal but when Romeo was with another man, people talked about how it ruined children's lives.

It was so unfair that she almost teared up when she read some of those horrible comments from the internet. Fortunately, most of the comments were more accepting and even spoke about how proud they were of Romeo for doing something like this in public.

"Don't worry, they seem to be doing alright!" Noah pointed to the screen where their friends were currently talking to a group of other actors.

His words made her feel a bit better. Of course there was the possibility that they were smiling just for the publicity but she wanted to believe that they were genuinely having a good time. If she kept thinking that they hated being there, the next couple of hours would be torture.

Cuddling closer to her boyfriend on the floor, Penny put more popcorn in her mouth. After that, she did the same to Noah without taking her eyes off the television and he gave her a quick peck on the forehead as a thank you.

"Ugh, you're so cute. I hate it," Georgia faked to be throwing up. She was sitting on Penny's couch, almost on Tyler's lap which couldn't be very comfortable to him considering all the weight she had gotten on her seventh pregnancy month.

Penny was about to answer when she noticed who was being interviewed at the moment. Even Isabel, who was sitting in Penny's only chair in a living room, knew who it was because she still remembered Dorian's voice.

Much to her relief, he was asked only a few questions before the interview was over. Even then the only time dating was mentioned was when the interviewer asked if he was alone there. The answer was yes.

There was an awkward silence in the room became no one seemed to know what to say to Isabel who had stayed silent the whole time, only staring ahead almost like she was actually seeing her ex-boyfriend.

"So how are things with Garrett?" Noah asked oh, so subtly which fortunately got her attention.

"Pretty good. He... well, he invited me to spend Christmas with them but I didn't know what to say. We have dated only a while and I'm afraid that it's too soon," she explained.

"You know that it's September now? When it's Christmas you have dated, what, four months and it's not that short time. Haven't you met his daughter many times already? Yeah? So what's the big deal?" Georgia asked what everyone was thinking about.