𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐞𝐬

There was another good thing about being in a relationship and that was couple costumes on Halloween. At least, that was what Penny kept repeating the whole October. Now the day was finally here which hopefully meant that she wouldn't talk about it for another year.

She started to plan their costumes already in August before she was even invited to any party. Not that it mattered, a woman like that would end up being invited to hundreds of those. Instead of going to any of those celebrity parties, Penny came to Isabel's party which was meant for children too.

Today Noah would also meet Garrett and Violet officially which he had been looking forward to a long time. For some reason, she hadn't wanted to introduce him to them even after dating for over a month. Now she couldn't avoid the inevitable anymore.

"We look so cute! I don't care if there's not a competition, we're so winning!" Penny smiled at herself in the mirror just like Noah had been doing for the last hour.

Cute was the first word he would use to describe his girlfriend who looked absolutely stunning in her Bo Peep costume. She was wearing every single detail of the classic character's outfit from Toy Story and even managed to get him on Woody's clothes.

"If we don't get the winner's prize, try not to make a scene! But if you do, I'll do it with you because you've got a friend in me," he grinned, quoting her favorite childhood movie with pride which earned him a quick but still very hot kiss on the lips.

"Aren't you the sweetest?" she said, giving him another quick peck on the lips. Watching themselves and their matching outfits from the mirror one last time, Noah took the car keys from the kitchen table and walked out of the door, still holding her hand.

"You want to drive?" he asked and knew the answer before she even opened her mouth. That woman loved to scream at other drivers on the road while constantly almost killing them.

It felt like the ride lasted only a few minutes with them talking and singing the whole time and before they knew it, they were already at Isabel's house. It seemed that even though they had left much earlier than they had to, they weren't the first ones at the party.

The music and laugher could be heard through the door and open windows and for a second Noah re-considered running away. Even though it was Isabel who made this Halloween party happen, Noah was almost certain that he would end up talking to the punch of strangers like always. But that was okay, now he had Penny who he could use as his shield.

Without even saying a word, she got out of the car in a second and quickly ran to the door like a little child who had too much energy. Noah just stared at her in amazement while wondering if she had drunk too much coffee.

In time he had learned about her passion for Halloween which was, according to her, the greatest Holiday there was. But because he hadn't celebrated that with her before, he didn't know what to expect from this night. Well, a day since it was only 4pm because children couldn't be up for too long.

That hadn't happened before but Noah assumed that Isabel had put extra effort into the party this year because of Garrett's young daughter. He wondered if she was trying to prove something to her new boyfriend by making this a childproof party, almost like she wanted to show Garrett that she was trustworthy around Violet.

After they rang the doorbell, it didn't take long for someone to open the door. Unfortunately, Noah didn't recognize the woman in Superwoman-costume but luckily she didn't stay long enough to make small talk.

"Someone new came in!" the young woman yelled and walked away before Noah could even greet her. Okay then. Giving his girlfriend a weak smile, Noah took her hand into his and walked further inside before closing the door behind.