𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞

Ever since he realized that he had feelings for his friend, Noah had gone crazy by thinking about it all the time. And it wasn't just any friend, it was Penny!

Whenever he was with her somewhere or even talked with her on the phone, he couldn't stop thinking about what would happen if she knew how he truly felt.

Because she was Penny, she would probably reject him as friendly as possible, try to act as if nothing had happened before deciding that it wasn't working. Then she would avoid him because he was just another guy who was in love with her among millions of others.

Of course he wasn't in love with her. It was just a crush that would disappear when he wouldn't see her so often. Out of sight, out of mind. As an answer to his prayers, her tour started in three weeks and when she would be back in September, things would be back to normal.

"I miss you," Penny said on the phone.

"Me too but is that healthy? I mean, didn't we just meet?" he joked, trying to hide the fact that he was honestly a bit happy that they hadn't had time to meet.

It was a good thing that her tour was so soon because she had been really busy lately while preparing for it. And because she hadn't been able to meet him for a week, the situation was easier for him and his feelings. As he had thought his entire life, a little distance was never a bad thing.

"Ty doesn't leave me alone. I told him not to call me too early but yesterday he woke me up at eight! And he keeps reminding me of stuff because he thinks I won't remember anything," she complained. Noah decided not to admit that her memory wasn't always as trustworthy as she made it sound.

"I told him to talk with Georgia if he's so bored but he said that it was a work business and something else that was boring. I didn't hear what he said," she continued.

"Didn't hear or didn't listen?" he smirked, knowing the answer already.

"That's not the point. It was eight in the morning and I had just woken up. You can't blame me if I didn't hear all the details," Penny answered.

"Actually, most people are already at work by eight so..." Noah laughed out loud when he heard that she hung up him. She was so childish sometimes and that got him in such a good mood all the time. In a way, she was his own medicine when he was feeling bad.

Thirty seconds later, that he counted because she had done that before, she called again. "I forgot to ask if you heard the news already!"

"Is Georgia pregnant?" was the first thing that came to his mind.

"Not that I know. Why was that your first guess?" Noah could almost see her frowning as if she was standing next to him. Most likely Penny thought that she looked like an angry lion but she was just a cute little kitten.

"Because Bella keeps talking to me about it and she can't talk too much about it to Georgia. She's desperate to get a nephew or a niece, I almost think that she wants that baby more than them. But if that's not the news then what is it?"

"Well, it's actually about Bella. Georgia said that they're now officially together," Penny said slowly, probably fearing that he would get violent again like he did that one time.

"Good for them." Now he knew better than freak out over such silly things. Besides, from what he had heard, Isabel really seemed to like Dorian. He didn't understand why or how but he didn't bother to ask that from her. She didn't like it when he did that for the first time.

"You mean that?" Penny asked. He should be offended by that but he knew that she had a good reason to ask that question.

"Yeah. Believe it or not but I'm genuinely happy for her, she deserves to be happy after everything. I just don't know why she didn't tell it to me herself," Noah said.