𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

Unlike she had thought, they managed to talk every single day without arguments! Never did either one even suggested not talking if they were too tired.

The problem was that too often the phone calls lasted only those ten minutes because that was the time they promised to talk every day.

While Noah stayed in Los Angeles, Penny had continued her European tour dates before flying to Australia. Time zones were the biggest challenge but somehow they did that for a month and soon it was May already.

It was crazy to think that her tour had lasted almost four months already even though it felt like she started yesterday. On the worst days when she got home-sick the months felt like minutes and she feared that she was stuck there forever.

Their one-month anniversary passed two weeks ago and they celebrated it together by talking on the phone for an hour which was rare these days. Penny felt bad for being away on that day but luckily it wasn't that big deal anyway. The bigger problem would have been if it was their first anniversary!

After talking about that, they agreed that from now on they would only celebrate their yearly anniversaries. That was smarter than doing something big after each month which sounded ridiculous for both of them. It was a pure luck that neither was a big romantic like that.

Penny was in a good mood the whole week because she had enough free time to fly home the next Thursday. Fortunately, she would be there to celebrating Noah's birthday! He would turn thirty on June 10th but since she wasn't going to be there then, they had to celebrate it early.

Her happiness turned into sorrow when she remembered what else happened this weekend: his father's birthday. That old man turned fifty and her mother had been planning this party for months. Worst of all, she had promised to be there if she had enough time and she didn't want to miss that party.

Even though they weren't as close as when she was just a child, Penny had always been a bit Daddy's girl. It was easy when she had been an only child for almost ten years and his father was the typical over-protective man who wanted to kill every boy who looked at his only princess.

Then came Heather and being a spoiled child, she didn't feel as special anymore when she had to share their parent's attention. That didn't mean she loved them or her sister any less. After moving away and starting her career she had made sure to be at every possible big family event they had because she was away so much.

What was she supposed to do? Should she call her parents and tell them that she couldn't come for a visit? Would it be easier to tell that to Noah who didn't even know about her free days yet? She kept repeating herself that the answer didn't mean who she loved more but it sure sounded like that. Was she actually thinking of who she wanted to spend more time with more?

It made sense to fly to Texas because she had been with Noah last month and it had been over six months since she last saw her family. But she also didn't want to risk that the distance would affect her new relationship because she didn't know when she would have enough free days next time.

Sighing, Penny laid in the hotel bed and wondered if she should just stay here and not stress over the birthdays of two men she loved the most. After doing that for about half an hour she knew for sure that even though he would never say it out loud, her father would be heartbroken if she wasn't at his party, especially when she could be there.

Most likely he didn't even care about the party that much but it was a chance to see people he loved, one being his oldest child. And she couldn't lie, she sure missed that man as much as her mother. With that in mind, she didn't think twice before buying a flight ticket to Texas.