𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐮𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

"So what happened with Bella?"

Oops. She wasn't supposed to ask that question. She had forced herself not to ask any questions about Isabel and her blind-date idea. Her words hadn't left Penny's mind since she heard them four weeks ago, though.

Maybe she was starting to get obsessed or jealous but the idea of Noah going out with one of Isabel's friends made her shake with anger. She wanted to scream to the world that this man right there was hers! Unfortunately, she didn't have a right to do that.

"What do you mean?" Noah furrowed his eyebrows at her. "Oh, you mean the date-thing? I told her no, you were there."

Way to make her feel stupid and desperate. "Yeah, I know but we didn't talk much when I was in Texas and I just wanted to ask if she asked again because... wouldn't that be... fun?"

Oh, what a torture it was to get those words out of her mouth. Despite her feelings, she was still his friend and friends was supposed to encourage each other to go on dates and have sex and do other things Penny wanted to do with him.

Something in her words made Noah freeze and go speechless for a minute. Did he already realize how much she liked him? She basically told him to fuck someone else, what else was she supposed to do?

"You want me to go on that date?" Noah lookes away from her. Fearing that she would either cry or say something stupid, Penny had to bit her lips so hard that they were probably bleeding.

No, please don't go. Be with me. We would be so good together. "If that sounds like something you would like."

"Well, it doesn't!" he raised his voice but didn't say anything else. Penny turned around so that she was now laying on her back, facing the ceiling. She could still hear his breathing beside her and even now, it was comforting.

He never left home after Grey's Anatomy, instead, he agreed to stay the night. For over an hour they had been together in her large bed, clothes on, so close that they could touch each other but both of them made sure that it wouldn't happen.

They had talked non-stop about everything that came to their minds and even if there was a small pause in the conversation, it was never awkward. Until now. Her head screamed to say something but what?

Something had clearly upset Noah and she had no idea how to fix it. It was all ruined now, the silence was becoming unbearable and all she wanted was to get her words back. Why did she have to open her mouth again even after he had told her over and over again that dating wasn't for him?

They stayed there side by side for god knows how long. At some point Noah turned around to stare at the wall on his side, probably getting tired of seeing her face. Maybe fifteen minutes passed by or even thirty. Or was it an hour already? Whatever time it was, Penny decided to be the first one to break the silence.

"Noah," she whispered for some reason. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to put my head where it doesn't belong. I know your dating life isn't any of my business and I crossed the line. You don't want to try dating? That's completely fine."

After waiting a few minutes for him to answer, she started to get annoyed. "Come on, don't be a jerk. It's not like I called you names or hurt you somehow so why the silent treatment?"

When she slowly went to his side, not wanting to scare him, she realized that he wasn't answering because he was angry at her.

No, he had fallen asleep and looked more peaceful than ever. Without thinking she touched his cheek lightly with her thumb and kept it there a few seconds, only stopping when she realized that she shouldn't do things like this.