𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐞

"If Penny calls tell her I'm at work this weekend!" Noah yelled from the window to outside where his mothers were doing some gardening in their yard.

They both turned to look at him and just as he had thought, his Mama didn't say anything but the disapproval was clear on her face while his Mom had a whole speech somehow prepared for him.

"You want us to lie to her? Have you lied to your girlfriend, Noah? That's not how we raised you. She deserves respect and honestly and what did she get? A man. I think all women would be happier if everyone were lesbians. Did you hear this, Ellen? Even our own son disappoints us!"

Noah rolled his eyes at her and regretted even mentioning his plan to them. What he regretted even more was lying to Penny when she asked him to come to Texas on Friday. He didn't have to work on that Weekend like he said. In fact, he was completely free but she didn't know that.

The lie had come out of his mouth before he even fully realized what she had asked. Honestly, he wasn't ready to meet her parents. Noah knew for sure that he indeed loved that woman but meeting parents was too soon, especially since they hadn't done the so-called normal dating much if at all.

There wasn't a very good history with the girlfriend's parents in his past. Although he had never done anything bad to them and they never really hated him, it was clear that all mothers and fathers were just patiently waiting for their daughter to break up with him. They never said it out loud but he wasn't blind or deaf and knew what everyone thought about him.

Noah turned back to their computer which was the reason they called him in the first place. From what they told him, he had assumed it was completely broken and that he would spend the next three hours trying to fix it. He had done it in three minutes.

He should have known that it was just an excuse for him to get here. They were evil like this, always telling him all kinds of reasons why they needed him and he always rushed to their house. Nine times out of ten he knew that they were just playing with him but there was always a voice screaming "what if".

"So is there a reason why you lied to her or is it just a new hobby for you? Playing with people's hearts?" Today he should have just ignored that voice.

Groaning, Noah counted to ten slowly to calm himself down before he said anything he should just regret later before he looked at two women who had just come inside. "It's a long story."

There was few seconds of silence and he had already thought that the conversation was over when suddenly his Mom started to pull him up from the chair by his ear. "Ow! That hurts! Violence is never the answer!"

"You will get even more if you don't start talking! Besides, you were at work already and those dogs of yours will survive without you there so we have time. Talk," she commanded. "We actually like Penelope and we will hurt you more if you don't start being a better boyfriend."

"Now you're just repeating yourself," he mumbled like a child. When he saw the way his mothers were looking at him he realized that there was no way out. "She asked me to meet his parents. There's a birthday party for her Dad this weekend and she asked me to join and I told her that I'm at work."

"That's it? That's the long story? I gotta say, sometimes it's clear that you're not my own blood because that's just stupid!" Now the speaker was his Mama who really didn't bother saving his feelings.

"Thanks, I feel better already," he said sarcastically which they both ignored.

"You're almost thirty and are too scared to meet two people. It's time for you to get serious about someone and not get out of a relationship before it even starts like you always do," his Mama continued.