What He Said

Kokichi sat at the foot of the bed, playing with the hem of his shirt, while he waited for Shuichi to get out of the shower so he could talk with him.

He didn't take to long and the violette walked over to the door of the bathroom, taking a deep breath and knocking to get his attention.

"Hey, Shu. You- ahh!" Unfortunately, the door wasn't latched and once the shorter leaned against it he fell over onto the floor.

The taller had a towel wrapped around his waist and stood at the sink. When the other fell he stepped back, surprised, holding his hands up defensively with his toothbrush still in his mouth.

"Ouma, awe wou owa-?" He turned to the sink and spit his toothpaste before turning back and asking again, kneeling beside him. "Are you okay?"

"I- ow. Yeah, I'm good."

"Oh, that's a relief," he sighed. "Do you want help up?"

The taller offered his hand and Kokichi took it. He pulled him back to his feet and blushed, turning away when he realized that he wasn't fully dressed.

"I, um, sorry." The violette looked down at the floor and felt his face get hot as well. Shuichi's hair wasn't quite wet, but it was damp enough to be fluffy and still dripped some water. Kokichi found this adorable, but didn't want to say anything about it and instead he stepped out so the taller could change.

After he'd put proper clothes on Shuichi walked out of the bathroom, still drying his hair, and sat next to Kokichi on the edge of the bed.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" Shuichi inquired.

"I just wanted to . . . It's about earlier."

"Oh."

"Yeah, that. So, . . . I was just thinking about what you said about . . . how you felt. And I think that . . . Well, what I mean to say is . . ."

"Ouma, it's okay," he said, putting a hand on his shoulder. "I said I understand."

"I know, but the thing is . . . I think that I . . ."

"Yeah?"

"It's . . . fuck, I . . . I don't know." Then suddenly his nose stared to burn and his eyes filled with tears, and he threw himself into the other's arms, who gladly wrapped them around him invitingly.

"Hey, it's alright," he said softly, stroking his hair and holding him close.

"Fuck. I hate this," he whimpered.

"Hate what?" the other asked quietly.

"This whole thing. Everything. The killing game. My feelings. My thoughts. Just all of it," he cried. "But most of all, . . . I hate that you're stronger than I am . . . and that I can't face that."

"Shh. It's gonna be okay. It's all going to be fine," he wasn't entirely sure what the shorter was referring to, but he wanted to be able to comfort him regardless.

"I hate feeling this way."

"That's alright. I'll wait for you," he said in a calming tone, subtly pulling the smaller closer to him. "And when you're ready, I'll be right here."

"Mm-hmm," he nodded into his chest.

"Are you wanting to head to bed early tonight?"

"Yeah. That'd be nice."

"Want me to tuck you in?"

"Mm-hmm."

"Alright. Come here," he said scooping him up in his arms, bridal style and walking around to the side of the bed. He set him down carefully and pulled the blankets over him and smiled before turning to walk away. He didn't make it very far, however, because he'd reached out and grabbed a hold of the taller's shirt sleeve, tugging on it lightly.

"Hmm?"

"Could you . . . would you mind laying with me?" The request was spoken barely over a whisper, but he'd still heard him and looked down to reply.

"Course not," he grinned. He made his way to the other side of the bed and climbed in, pulling the covers over himself.

He heard Kokichi shuffle around a bit and turned around to find him cuddled close to him, so he rolled over to hold him in his arms, the violette making himself smaller and nuzzling close to him.

Shuichi felt his heart rate speed up when he did this and had to catch his breath a few times as he quietly tried to avoid disturbing his roommate. He didn't have to worry about that for very long however, because he'd fallen asleep almost immediately afterwards.

In that moment, he was both happy and sad. He was happy because the boy he cared about so dearly was in his arms. He was happy because no one had died. He was happy because it almost seemed like there was no killing game at times.

But he hurt inside whenever he realized that they might not ever make it out of the sick and twister game Monokuma was making them all play, when he thought about how there probably weren't any people even looking for them. But most of all, he hated the thought that tomorrow night would be the last night he and Kokichi would have together.

After that, he feared, everything would change. He'd no longer have to be around him as much and he wouldn't spend as much time with him.

It all seemed selfish, but he was afraid. Afraid that after tomorrow night . . . he'd be alone . . . because Kokichi wouldn't need him anymore.

And that, that crippling feeling of dread and despair. That . . . was the scariest feeling . . . in the world for Shuichi.

Hey, sorry the uploading schedule's been kinda weird. I usually cosplay on the weekends and I actually devoted a full four and a half hours of my day to getting into my Mikan Tsumiki cosplay just to have to take it off and shower immediately afterwards. So, I was really upset about that 'cause it turned out to be really nice. Anyways, it should be normal for a few more days now.

And I'm not sure how much longer this story will be or what I'll work on when I finish it, but since you guys seem to like it so much I'll try to make it interesting and worth it.