An Unexpected Encounter

"Wait . . . Oh m- Shyhara! Is that you?" Miu cackled. "Holy shit! You look like crap! Oh, and you've spilt coffee all over yourself!"

"Oh, Saihara," Kirumi said, leaning down to help him to his feet, "my apologies. Let me help."

"Thanks," he replied.

"Hey," the one he'd originally ran into spoke up, "don't forget about me."

"O- oh, yeah. Akamatsu. . . hi."

"Hey," she smiled innocently.

"Here, use these to clean yourself up a bit," Rantaro offered, stepping forward and handing Shuichi some napkins.

"Thanks. You're here, too. Wow, what are all you guys doing?"

"Well," Kirumi explained, "we were all having a little get together of sorts. All our friends from back at the academy, that is. We're having it at Akamtsu's house. We just came to get drinks for everyone. Do forgive us, no one could seem to get a hold of you or Ouma. How are you two anyways? Have you heard from him?"

"Hell yeah, he has," Miu decided to butt in, "all night long, am I right?" she laughed.

"W- wait! No, it's not like that! Really," he defended himself.

"So let me get this straight, or should I say gay," she whispered that part to him quietly before getting loud again, "after all this time you two still haven't banged? Ha, fuckin' virgin!"

"Irima, that's not really necessary," Kirumi said.

Rantaro looked slightly uncomfortable, but Kaede on the other hand seemed . . . pleased somehow.

"You can wipe that grin off you're face blondie," the inventor said, looking over her shoulder at Kaede. "This fuck's gayer than you are good at piano. I thought I told you about that already."

"Oh, I wasn't-"

"Yeah, you were. It doesn't matter though, there's no way in hell's he gonna do you. His standards are all fucked up. You've been replaced by that lyin' little shit, sor-"

"So, uh," Shuichi cut in, trying to keep the conversation from getting any more awkward for him, "is everyone else already there? At your house, I mean."

"Huh? Yeah. Definitely not looking forward to hearing Irima complain the whole walk back, though. Care to join us?"

"You could invite Ouma too," Kirumi suggested politely, making Kaede scowl.

Before she could speak up however the bluette replied with, "No, it's alright. He's actually busy today and I was just on my way into work. And it's not that far, right? I know you couldn't take a car 'cause of Amami, but why not bike our something?"

"Akamatsu hates bicycles," Miu explained. "Originally only Tojo and I were sent, but these two insisted on coming along anyways. That one saw it as an adventure thing or whatever and she just wanted to hang out with us in case we ran into you."

"Oh," the detective responded quietly, avoiding eye contact with the blonde, "okay. You guys have fun and say hi to everyone for me. I'd better be going before I'm late."

"Alright," Rantaro replied. Kirumi and Miu following suit before they all turned away to leave in the other direction. All except for Kaede that is.

"Did you?" she almost growled, grabbing the other's arm tightly, the others still hadn't noticed her absence.

"What?"

"Did you sleep with him?"

"Wh- what kind of question ev- even is that?"

"Just answer me."

"I- no. I told you already. Now I really need to go, . . . could you let go of my arm?"

She just glared at him for a few more seconds before she reluctantly did so, turning away to catch up with the rest of her group.

Not saying another word.

. . .

Shuichi finally arrived back home a few hours later in his work uniform, carrying his clothes he'd worn to school, struggling as he carried several drinks in his arms through the door.

"What's all this?" Kokichi asked as he grabbed a few from him, taking them to the kitchen. "We haven' a party and you didn't tell me or something?"

"Well, not exactly," he explained.

"The hell's that supposed to mean?" he laughed. "And what's all over your clothes?"

"It's just coffee. I, uh, ran into some friends earlier. Both literally and figuratively, as you can probably tell."

"Yeah? Who was it?" the violette grinned eagerly.

"Irim-"

"Gross."

"Let me finish. Irima, Tojo, Amami, . . . " he trailed off.

"And?"

"And Akamatsu."

. . .

"Hold on just a minute guys. Someone's at the door. I'll get it."

There was movement inside and then the door was opened and they came face-to-face with none other than the Ultimate Astronaut.

"Uh, hey," Shuichi greeted nervously.

"You made it. That's great. I thought no one could get a hold of yo-" before he could finish talking though, Kokichi pushed past the taller violette and stepped into the house.

"What's up bitches!" he yelled.

"So much for dropping off drinks and leaving," the blue haired male muttered under his breath, internally facepalming.

"Oh, great, he's here, too. Here let me help."

"Thanks Momota." He grabbed some of the drinks he held and lead him into the front room where everyone else was gathered.

"Hey everyone, look who else decided to show up," he announced happily.

"Oh, my. Praise be to Atua! You're both safe. We were getting worried."

"Huh? No we weren't. We could never worry about some degenerate males, right Yumeno?"

"Nyeh."

"Oh, friends are here. Gonta very happy to see you both alright."

"Uh, yeah," Shuichi managed. "I just wanted to get you all your drinks. You didn't go back for them earlier and I wanted to apologize for running into you guys."

"Aww, how sweet of you. You're just like Madoka Kaname (she was the sweetest character I could think of off the top of my head and now I can't stop picturing them all as magical girls and Monokuma as Keyube. Like, sign the contract and I'll grant you an Ultimate Talent. Okay weird build-a-bear creature)."

"Who?" Ryoma wondered aloud.

"Oh, sorry. My hobbies just slipped out again."

"Don't mind her," Miu jumped in, "what'd you virgins get us?"

While Shuichi was handling out everyone's drinks, Kokichi had gotten distracted and somehow convinced him to stay. They didn't see each other all at once like this very often. But then Miu had the great idea that they all play Truth or Dare like "real high schoolers."

It was going to be a long night.

40k reads guys! Yay! You're all so amazing! Thank you!❤