The Day After

The following morning wasn't unlike any of the previous ones the students had spent in the academy. Not in most ways at least.

A couple of the teens had gotten up earlier, it being the last day of the motive, to pack up what little they'd been able to bring with them into their newer living spaces. But most of the others treated it like a regular day, continuing on as they normally would have.

Shuichi and his roommate had gotten up a little later than usual and met everyone else at the table in the cafeteria for breakfast. The table was already mostly filled by the time they got there, but there was still space so that the two of them could sit together.

Kirumi brought everyone their plates and they all began chatting with one another about the recent events. Kaede, who sat by Shuichi, tried to avoid eye contact with him, while still being polite, to not talk about their conversation the day before. And on the other side of Kokichi, Rantaro was speaking with Korekiyo about something.

This left the two of them to speak to one another without being to noticeable. They didn't say much for a while until Kokichi placed his hand on the other's knee to get his attention. He jumped a little bit at this, but quickly recovered, realizing who it was.

"What's up?" he asked.

"Nothing," he said quietly shaking his head. "I just wanted to hold your hand. But you were still eating so I figured this'll do for now."

Shuichi smiled and leaned over to kiss him softly on the cheek, grabbing his hand and holding onto it. Kokichi blushed and turned back to his plate without saying anything else and no one else had seemed to have noticed.

Then suddenly Miu shouted across the table to Shuichi, who was only a few seats down from her saying, "So did you two fuck or not!?"

At that, Kaito choked on his food and Maki had to help him while several of the other's had to restrain themselves from spitting out their drinks across the table. Nobody spoke for a moment after that. It was almost completely silent.

"I'm sorry . . . What?" This was Tenko who was obviously confused by the situation and wanted nothing more than to leave it as soon as possible.

Miu just ignored her and continued yelling at the detective, "Well, come on! Answer me Shyhara! Did I win the twenty bucks or not!?"

"I- it's really none of your business," he whispered shyly.

"I swear to fucking- Saihara I want a snack from the vending machine! Do I get the cash or not!?"

"Gonta is confused."

"Can it! I'm not talking to you! Did you or not!?"

"Miu, just shut the fuck up already you bitch!" Kokichi yelled back at her.

"You little shit! Fine! You tell me!"

"I ain't gotta tell you shit!"

"What is happening?"

"Kaito, I swear you're a fucking idiot," Miu whispered before she continued yelling. "Ouma, did you or did you not sleep with Saihara!? It's a simple question!"

"I'm out," Rantaro called over the shouting. "See you guys later." After that, most of the others slowly filed out, leaving Shuichi, Kokichi, Miu, and Kiibo in the cafeteria.

"I'm about to fuckin' fight you you whore bitchlette!"

"Oh, are you!? I'd like to see you try, twink! But who am I kidding!? You could never get laid, much less by the likes of him!"

"That's it," he shouted, banging his fists down on the table and all of the sudden he was climbing on top of it, running towards the inventor at full speed. Shuichi and Kiibo had moved off to the side to make sure no one got hurt, surprisingly neither one had yet, and Shuichi quickly ran over to the smaller male.

Kokichi, of course, lost his footing and fell off the table into Shuichi's arms, who had gotten there just in time. Miu found the whole situation hilarious and couldn't stop cackling about it until Kiibo passed her something discreetly and she got up and walked away, Kiibo following close behind.

That something had been thirty dollars Shuichi had given him to give to her to shut her up while they were talking earlier. Kokichi was now pouting in the taller's arms as he carried him back to his room, lecturing him the whole way there.

"Okay okay, fine. I get it, so," Kokichi finally asked, "what was that all about anyways?"

"It was just a dumb bet Kiibo and Miu had. Nothing to worry to much about."

"Over us sleeping together?" he laughed.

"Pretty much. Miu was for it."

"Well, obviously. That whore. I'm not against the idea, though."

"Wait, what?"

"Relax, Shu," he smiled as Shuichi set him down to open the door to the other's room. "I've already told you before, I won't do anything you're uncomfortable with. So until you're ready to take that step, I'll be just fine holding your hands and kissing you." Then he stood on his toes to peck his boyfriend's cheek who blushed happily. "I love you, Shumai."

"I love you more," he grinned as he left down the hall, back to his own room.

. . .

Kokichi walked around his room quietly, not wanting to interact with anyone and assuming he'd seem to needy to speak to Shuichi. This carried on for a while before he decided to just lay down for a while staring up at the ceiling.

While he did this, the bluette was back in his room trying to read, but his mind kept drifting off to random things. He couldn't seem to focus on anything and kept thinking back to Kokichi. So, eventually, he too, just lay on his bed in silence, pondering various thoughts, but never pinpointing any specific one.

It was weird. Everything seemed so drastically different now that the violette male wasn't with him. Why was that?

Why couldn't he stop thinking of him now?

So, I don't know what it is, but I just feel kinda off lately, so sorry if this chapter's not as good as some of the other ones. Also, I'll put some cosplay pics in the next chapter thing for those of you who were interested in that.