The Last of It

"Hey, hey, hey. Come on. Get up, sleepy head. Shu, Shumai, Shu-shu, Saihara-chan, Shuic-"

"Hmm, ah, what is it?" Shuichi awoke in the bathroom the next morning to a certain purple haired male sitting in front of him and poking relentlessly at his face.

"Oh, good, you're finally up, Shuichi," he smiled.

"Oh, uh, yeah," he replied. "Wait, how did you-"

"Lock picking just so happens to be one of my many great skills as the Ultimate Supreme Leader."

"Oh, does it now?" he laughed quietly.

"Yep. So, what's wrong?" he changed the subject quickly, gaining a more serious expression.

"What do you mean?"

"You just woke up on the bathroom floor, Shu. Something's up. What is it?"

"Oh, that," he almost whimpered, not wanting to recall the events of the previous night, "it's nothing, really.  I promise."

"Bullshit," the violette replied flatly. "I know a liar when I see one."

"Kokichi, really, it's nothi-"

"It's not nothing. Shu, you've been acting kinda wierd lately and I'm worried. I just want to know what's going on. Believe me when I say I only want to help. And that I'd never make you tell me if I didn't think it was hurting you. So, please . . . Just tell me."

"I . . ." The bluette then sighed before continuing, telling him everything that had been happening, avoiding his gaze the entire time by looking down at the floor attentively.

"That bitch. She's about to be Kaedead. Fucking with me is one thing, but you. Oh, she's in for it," he rambled on as he stood up from the bathroom floor and moved to the door swiftly.

"Kokichi, wait. Where are you going?"

"To teach Piano Bitch a lesson."

"Wait, but-" he reached out to him, but he was already gone, leaving the detective in the bathroom, alone again, with nothing but his thoughts to keep him company.

Kokichi. Just don't do anything crazy. Okay?

. . .

Kaede's parents had gone out earlier that morning to get some more groceries for the house, leaving Shuichi, Kokichi, and Kaede alone. So when the violette reached the pianist's door he didn't bother being quiet, hitting it aggressively with his fist a few times before allowing himself in.

"Ouma, what do you want now?" she growled, barely looking up from where she was writing notes on the song she was working on. "Hey, what was that fo-" she suddenly asked as he dragged his hand cross her desk, throwing her papers all over the room.

"You know damn well what it was for," the male said, glaring at her and leaning over her in her chair to prevent her from getting up.

"Oh, I get it," she smirked, leaning back casually, "you're jealous, aren't you? Jealous of the attention I'm getting?"

"You bitch. You forced him to do it. He didn't want any part of it. Not then and definitely not now. He's not your property. So back the fuck off!" he threatened, raising his voice at her.

"Why should I? He's not your property either, is he now?"

"No, of course not. He never has been. He never will be. Because I-"

"Then why should you get all his attention, hmm?"

"Would you just shut your fucking mouth for two goddamn seconds!? And newsflash," he continued loudly, waving his hands in her face, "he's my boyfriend and he chooses to hang out with me! I don't make him do shit! Because he's better than that and I fucking know it! He doesn't want to be with you or he would be! I'm not stopping him. If he decided that he wanted to leave I would not stop him! Because I don't own him! He's a humanfucking being you insensitive, possessive, asshole! So just leave him alone!"

She just sat there for a moment, taking in everything he'd just told her, stunned. Then finally she said, "You're lying. He'd never want to be with someone like you. Always lying and making things up. It's just a bunch of crap. Shuich-"

"Don't," he barked suddenly, "call him that."

"What are you gonna do about it?"

"Oh, you're about to find out if you don't agree to back off."

"Oh no, I'm so scared," she said sarcastically, "look, I'm shaking, now."

That was it, though. Kokichi looked the blonde dead in the eyes, not breaking contact. Then she tried to take another jab at him, but he'd had enough. He didn't even let her finish talking before he stood up, and he slapped her.

"Y- you can't," she said trembling, bringing her hand up to hold her face, "you can't d- do that to m- me. This is m- my house. You can't di- disrespect me like that. My parents they- they'll kick you out!"

"No need," replied, smiling slyly down at her, "we're leaving." Then he headed for the door and left.

. . .

"K- Kokichi? What happened? Are you alright? I heard yelling. Is everythi-"

"It's fine. I'm fine. Everything's great. Now come on, we've got to pack," he interrupted politely.

"What do you mean?"

"Weeeeelll. I kinda sorta maybe, you know, uh, I hit Piano Bitch."

"What?"

"So, now we gotta go before her parents get back and kill me," he smiled. "So I'm thinking we either call up one of the others and ask to stay with them for the time being or just stay at the dorms on campus. Or we could just find a house or something, uh, I don't know. I didn't think too far ahead on this. We'll figure it out."

. . .

"Oh, hey you two. How was it? Everything went well while we were gone? We shouldn't need help unloading things, but- wait. What's that? Why do you have your things?" Kaede's mom asked as she walked back into the house with some of the groceries.

"I- well, uh, you see," Shuichi tried to explain.

"Your daughter's been being a bitch. I hit her. She's fine, not that I care. We're leaving. Bye."

"Listen," the bluette said, seeing how surprised they were by this information, "we really appreciate everything you've done for us. Both of us. But we need to leave. I'm sorry to do this on such short notice, you two have really been a great deal of help to us."

"It's fine," her mom said. "I get it."

"Y- you do?"

"Mm-hmm," she nodded, "you two have been such a pleasure to have and if there's anything I can help with to get you settled again, anything at all, let me know, and I'll see what I can do. I'll help you find a place if you'd like."

"Yeah, that's great, but did you not hear the part where I hit your daughter?"

"I heard you just fine. This is more concerning to me right now. So, if you ever need me or my husband's help, you know where to find us." They nodded and she smiled sadly and opened her arms to offer a hug. They accepted and she embraced them both like they were her own, shedding a few tears as she showed them off the porch. "Good luck, boys. Both of you."

Then they left.

Hey, guys. So we're basically all quarantined now, so I might update this more often, I'm not sure, though. I don't know if it's like this for everyone, but my school's closed until the twenty-eighth of April (day after my birthday for anyone who cares :)), but I've got other things I need to get done, too. Spring cleaning and whatnot, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. And thank you all once again for reading this. I really didn't think it would get nearly as much attention as it's getting and that means a lot to me. So thank you.