Roadmaps To Nowhere

"Hey, get off him!" Kaito's voice almost shouted as he forcefully pushed Kokichi away from Shuichi, waking them both up from their slumbers.

"Ahh, shit! That fuckin' hurts you know! God, you're an idiot!" Kokichi yelled back, but it was quiet enough not to wake anyone else who was still sleeping.

"Geez, Momota. What's the big deal?" Shuichi wondered aloud, wiping the sleep from his eyes and sitting up.

"Well, this little gremlin was lying on toppa' ya and I figured you'd want your personal space while you were sleeping," was his explanation.

Shuichi just sighed loudly before looking back up at his friend.

"Momota, it's fine. He was there on purpose. I let him. There's no need to freak out."

"No problem, Saihara. It's all in a days work for Kaito Momota, Luminary of the Sta- wait what?"

"It's fine. I let him."

"I- oh. Well this is interesting," he muttered quietly, clearly embarrassed, realizing what he'd just done. "Sorry about that then."

"Yeah yeah. Whatever," Kokichi said, his voice laced with annoyance, brushing himself off and walking off, leaving the two of them behind.

"So, uh," Kaito began after he left and after Shuichi had stood to walk after him, "what exactly did you mean by that? You know, so I know how guilty I should feel?"

"Well, . . . I guess you could say . . . Actually him and I are . . . Uh . . . ," he wasn't entirely sure I'd he wanted to tell him just yet, but he was trustworthy enough and they were close enough that Shuichi decided he deserved the truth. "Kokichi's my boyfriend."

"Oh," he said, processing the new information. Shuichi was just hoping that this time it wouldn't end up like it did with Kaede. That was pretty bad, but he was ready for it. "Well, good for you two."

"Wait, re- really?"

"Yeah, of course." He smiled genuinely, so he could tell he was telling the truth. "I mean, I don't know what you see in him, but hell, if he makes you happy, who am I to get in the way? Right?"

"I- I jus- Thank you, Momota," he said hugging his friend.

"No problem. As long as you're doing what's best for him, and he better damn well be doin' the same for you, I just want you to be happy. So, if it's him, then it's him. And I won't try to change that."

"Thank you. That means a lot to me. I'm glad you understand. I really am."

"Hey, it's nothing. Just bein' a good friend."

Then, all of a sudden, Kokichi burst back into the hotel room say something no one in the room could quite make out. He seemed upset, but mostly cocky. Shuichi was pretty sure the first one was a lie to cover up the second, but he wasn't sure.

"Hey, you're back. What happened?" Kaito asked.

"Oh, nothing. I was just fighting with that whore next door. You know the one."

"Yeah, about what?" Shuichi questioned.

"Weeelllll," he said teasingly, "I may have gotten a few things from the academy before we left. I went to go talk them about it, but they didn't want tho see me. Whatever. I'll just keep theirs then."

"Their what, exactly?"

"Nothing much," he snickered, obviously lying, "just all of our phones and profiles from Monokuma's office thingy." Then he waved about a few folders and small, shiny metal like objects.

"What!" Kaito and Shuichi both exclaimed in unison.

"Oh, did I not tell you guys yet," he asked innocently. "Well, I found our stuff. You want yours?"

"Duh," was Kaito's response as he snatched the folders from the Supreme Leader and sifted through them for his and handing Shuichi's to him, same with the phones.

"Wow, rude," was all Kokichi said, taking the extra stuff back from the Astronaut.

"Holy shit, you guys!" Kaito exclaimed happily. "I've got family right here in Tokyo! Oh, they're gonna be so surprised when they see me! What about you!?"

"Well," Shuichi said, "I think we should get everyone else up so we can all figure out where we need to go."

""Alrighty, Momota, you can get the girls."

"What? Why me?"

"Shuichi's too shy, they yelled at me last time, and everyone else is asleep. It's a simple process of elimination, dumbass."

"Hey! I'm not a d-"

"Momota please." He accepted Shuichi's request and after a short while of waking everyone up and telling them all the news they all stood in the second room with their folders and phones before them.

"How do we know the little shit isn't lying to us about these?" Miu asked.

"Why would I have any reason for that?"

"Why not? We all know you would you fucki-"

"Well, I've got a few relatives not too far from here," Tenko realized aloud, as did several others.

"Yes, I believe most of us do. This is quite the predicament however."

"And why is that?" Maki asked Kirumi.

"Well, we have no way of traveling to all these places, but to walk for I do not recall any of us having any vehicles nearby, but it is rather far."

"True," Kokichi said, "but I know someone who does have a vehicle."

"Wait, really?" Himiko wondered.

"And how do we know this isn't one of your tricks, Ouma?" This was Ryoma.

"Because Shuichi met him, too," he laughed, making it seem obvious.

"I did?"

"Uh, yeah. Remember the now-get-out-of-here-and-if-you-even-think-about-coming-back-you'll-regret-it guy?"

"I'm sorry," Rantaro interrupted, "but did you hear what you just said?"

"Of course I did. Now come on, Shu. Let's go find Mr. Officer-sucks-at-his-job."

"You know, Ouma," Kiibo said, "the more you talk about it, the worse an idea it seems. Are you sure about this?"

"Positive. Besides, he owes us."

"Owes us what exactly," Shuichi asked.

"Well, I haven't thought of it quite yet, but I'll think of something before we get there. Maybe I'll use the whole I-was-right thing and talk about how we're all alive and stuff, no thanks to him."

"Oh, great," he sighed sarcastically.

"Aww, don't be like that. It'll be fun. Come on."