Robot-To-Robot

"That little fucking shit! He didn't tell me he'd fuck her all up like this!"

"Irima, you don't have to yell so loudly. Besides the damage isn't all that bad, I'm sure you can just replace th-"

"Nevermind that, I've almost got her all fixed. Just a few more adjustments and she can be back up and running."

Kiibo and Miu were in the latter's lab working on MIBAIR after Miu found her abandoned in the hall, not to far from her area. Miu did most of the fixing, but Kiibo, being a robot, had knowledge about them she could use, and he made good company when she needed it. But she invited him mostly for their bet.

"Trust me, it'll only be a little longer, then I can hunt down that fucking twink and Shyhara and prove my point," she said convincingly.

"I'm not so sure about that. I mean, yeah, they obviously have a thing for each other, but I still don't think they'd . . ." he trailed off quietly, "not before the motive's over anyways."

"Oh, you don't think so? No no no. But I know so, Kiibot," she said, the confidence she felt practically radiating from her as she spoke. "So, just sit back and let the amazing girl inventor, Miu fuckin' Irima, handle this.

"Whatever you say," he responded under his breath.

"Doubt me all you want, before this time tommorow, this girl's gonna be twenty bucks richer, vending machine here I come," she said fist bumping the air and then finishing up her work and walking over to another large device where she sat down and opened up a large computer screen connected at the back with buttons and toggles here and there to control it.

"Yeah, yeah. I don't like vending machines anyway, so there all yours." Kiibo said as he too made his way to the device where Miu was seated as she typed in some information on a projected keyboard and waited for a few loading screens before a camera opened up. "What's all this for?"

"This is connected to the camera over there," she pointed to where MIBAIR was lying on a table not to far away. "Now, why don't you go unplug anything still connected to her and set her out in the hall for me. I think she's ready to fucking go."

"On it," he said, doing as he was instructed before making his way back to Miu. "I thought you said you gave Ouma the controller or whatever, though."

"That's the issue. I did. And the little shit still has it, that fucker," she ranted as she manuvered her robot through a few long and twisted corridors. "This is my back up. The other's a whole lot fuckin' smaller, and portable. Much easier to use, too. But it is what it is. I fucking swear, though, I'm gonna get after that motherfucker for this."

"Righ-"

"There he is," Miu suddenly almost shouted, gesturing to where she was looking on the screen and closing in on the scene stealthily.

"Where?"

"With Akamatsu. Right there. The tall one. Come on, do I really need to get more descriptive than that? Emo hat boy ring a bell at all?"

"Oh, no, I see him. I just thought we were looking for Ouma."

"Either one will do. One fuck'll lead us to the other eventually," she snickered. "Oh, shit. He's coming back this way," the Ultimate Inventor whisper shouted, as if the two were actually there behind the detective, who was ironically oblivious to their presence.

. . .

"Oh, you missed him. Quickly, back one hall. Yeah, oh wait, watch that turn."

"I kno- Shit! I'm up again. Where the fuck'd he go? He can't have gotten far."

The two were treating the situation like a video game, and honestly, it was pretty great. Kiibo gave directions when Miu would go to fast and almost run into a wall or pass a turn. Miu, being the maternal figure she was towards her inventions, never actually hit anything, but she narrowly missed several disasters where Shuichi almost saw them.

Eventually they finally got MIBAIR to Shuichi's room, which they knew he shared with Kokichi, but Miu was going to fast again and they didn't make it in time to slip inside, so they had to just listen for any audio the robot could detect and pick up for them.

They were there for a while, listening in, but then the two were suddenly quiet. Kiibo and Miu had no idea what was going on, whether the feed had cut out or they'd stopped talking or what, but all of a sudden the visuals got staticy and glitched off as well, leaving a dark mirror in it's place that reflected the faces of the two students.

Miu was silent for a second, but only a second, before getting up and shouting angrily. "What the fuck!? This is absolute bullshit! Why does this keep happening to me!? Fuck. Fuck! FUCK! I fucking swear, if I don't get those fucking twenty dollars, oh, it is on! And those two are gonna get it!"

"Irima, calm down. It's gonna be fine. What did you expect to do anyways? Even if they did, and that's still a big 'if' from me, were you just gonna sit there and listen in while they- wait don't answer that."

"Oh, come on. Fucking seriously, though, you can't judge me."

"Why not? Who even does that kind of stuff?"

"Well, aside from me-"

"It was a retorical question. I didn't want nor need an answer for that."

"Whatever," she sighed. "I'd better go pick her up before they break her or something. I'll be back in a few."

A little while after she left, Kiibo bent down by the large device and plugged the cord back into the wall, making sure not to leave any hint that he'd pulled it in the first place, resisting the urge to laugh when the inventor returned and threw herself into a corner of the lab to look over her robot and sneaking out to head back to his dorm with Kaede before the nighttime announcements.

Sorry MIBAIR, but robot-to-robot, I don't think you'd have wanted that. You can thank me later.