37:

Serenity Nicole Newton

"How you doing baby girl?" Valencia mom asked me making me shrug.

"I tried calling her phone to see if she would answer and...it hit me." I said looking down playing with my nails. "She's really gone."

"I did the same thing. Hoping all of this was a dream." She said making me agree and look out the window. "But it's not. Just when we make up."

"Yea." I said twitching my lip a little. Maybe this was telling us life is too short to hold grudges. "Ugh. I will never have a friend like her man. We were supposed to be her successful together like I don't get it what went wrong?"

"Valencia is anemic. The doctors told her , this pregnancy is very high risk and if something was to happen during birth what would she want them to do and of course she chose her baby boy. During the appointment she said too make sure you were the motherly figure in the baby life and you get to name the baby." She said rubbing my back.

"Wait so she knew about this? She knew this could happen?"

"Yes since she was three months. She didn't want to tell anybody cause she didn't want you guys to worry, and with the stress of her and Jahron it wasn't really going well."

I shook my head in disbelief. "Wow. How could she keep this from me?"

"I don't know but continue to be successful because that's what Valencia would want you to do. I'm not saying the baby has to live with you my door is always open but like visit the baby make sure he knows who Valencia really was. The type of person she was."

"Valencia was crazy! Imma miss her." I said crying laughing thinking about the times she went off on me and cussed me out. "We take life for granted man. We take making it every night for granted you know. She won't see my wedding anything . I couldn't even see hers."

"Yo Serenity." Jahron called from the doorway. "Can we talk?"

"Yea for sure." I stood up and walked over to him. I gave him a big hug cause he really looked like he needed it. I could tell it shocked him but he untensed up and hugged me back.

"Mannn... I fucking miss her already." He said bursting out in tears. "I will never find another female like her. She was my ride or die bro. And she's fucking gone and it ain't shit In can do about it."

"We gotta plan the funeral. You know she wouldn't want us said." I said wiping his tears away.

"Uh...she wants you to name the baby. That's what we last talked about before she uh died. Guess she had that feeling?" Jahron asked chuckling a little. "Damn."

"How about Jahron Cree Jones?" I asked making him nod and sigh.

"Yea..."

"I guess we better start planning funeral arrangements."