B.❤.B 14- Family Secrets

I dedicate this chapter to a loyal reader! Hijabbookworm... thank you for all the reads and votes!

*Fahmy POV.*

I looked at that stranger and I didn't mean to be rude, but those eyes of hers; I have never see anything like those.

"So, your name is Ilhaam?" I ask and I can see she is kind of uncomfortable. And she is so right because our first encounter wasn't that 'cool', let's say. I owe her tones of apologies.

"Yeah, what a small world?" she says sarcastically. Alhamdulillah, it's a small world. Mashallah...

"You guys know each other?" That sounded like a wake-up slap across my face.
Farheen asked looking from me to Ilhaam and then to me again.
Nice way to wake me up from my daydream, sis. I scratch the back of my neck nervous somehow. "Hullo! Do I smell anything fishy here?" She insists.

"No-" I say.

"-of course, no." Ilhaam says shaking her head. We don't really know each other.

"So, you don't know each other?" Farheen asks. We definitely don't. But I want to know everything about her.

I say 'Yes' and Ilhaam says 'No'. We exchange glares for a second, then I say 'No' and she says 'Yes'.

"Guys!" Farheen exclaims complaining.

That was the very synonymous of embarrassing.
I mean,  in reality we just saw each other for a slip second. Why am I getting this nervous!

"Not really." I say. "It was kind of an awkward situation, you probably hate me ever since. I really want to apologise. She is the girl that I confused with you the other day in the park." I try to explain and apologise Ilham at the same time. Her name is so beautiful, so nice to say... Ilham... Mashallah, perfection.

I wanted to meet her again, at the same time not really. I was kind of a jerk that day, unintentionally.

"Really!" Farheen says laughing. "I saw you running from him all scared, OMG."

"Yes I did." Ilhaam says nodding. "I had no idea what he was up to, so I ran for my life." She just chuckled. The prettiest chuckle ever.

"I even tried to call you when I saw your shopping bags down there. I still have them." I say gesturing.

"Oh, you do?" She says and presses her lips in a smile. I can die,  I have see all the beauty of this world. She so doesn't make my type... I don't like my type anymore... I like her!

"I will just go get it for you." I say and almost forget the way to my room, I turn back and go to the right direction.

*Ilhaam POV.*

I really felt embarrassed when Fahmy and I got all messed up with the 'Yes, No' thing. It really looked like there was something fishy, and there wasn't. There was at all, ok.

It's not always that you are attacked by a stranger and then meet him again, then act like it's normal. I'm at my best here, he touched me; how dare he!

Weirdest moment of my life. This goes Guinness.

And now he looks at me like I'm something new to wonder, not polite Farheen's Brother, not polite.

"Really!" Farheen says laughing. "I saw you running from him all scared, OMG."

"Yes I did." I say nodding in a smile. "I had no idea what he was up to, so I ran."

"I even tried to call you when I saw your shopping bags down there. I still have them."

"Oh, you do?" I say trying to economize my words.

"I will just go get it for you." He says and gets lost on his way to the room; I literarily felt like laughing, but I hold it back. Until Farheen starts laughing and I couldn't help any more; he's funny. I like the dude... Not like like... Like like he's funny and I like his funniness... You guys get it, ok... I just don't like like him... Boys Ewwww...

"Assalam Alleikum!" A male voice say behind me. I turn to see a man that I'm sure is her dad.

"Walleikum Salaam, Papa!" Farheen says in a smile.

"Walleikum Salaam!" I mutter.

"So this is the famous Ilhaam." He says and I practically blush. Famous? Maybe in this house, because for the rest of the world I'm invisible; and it's better stay that way. "farheen won't stop talking about you."

"Wow, I'm fluttered." I say in a grin.

"Don't get a big head." Farheen says.

"very nice to meet you. How has she been treating you?" He asks.

"Good, good. I had a good time. Thank you." I say. "But I have to go home, my mum said to be home before Maghrib and I'm already running late."

"If your mother said then you better go." He says in a grin.

"I promised her mother that I would go with her." Farheen tries in a smile.

"Farheen!" he warns.

"Please, Papa. It's only fair that her parents meet me too." She tries.

"Maybe some other day." Her father says.

"I agree." Fahmy says coming in the room with my shopping bags. He hands it to me.

'Thank you." I say.

"Thanks for the help, brother." Farheen says sarcastically.

"I'm just saying, your dad has the last word." Fahmy says sitting to the sofa. "Hullo, Papa."

"Hey."

"Pleaaaase." Farheen says making her best kitten eyes, I just felt like laughing at that.

"Ok, but don't take long." He says and Farheen jumps.

"Thank you, Papa." She says and kisses him on the cheek. "Booohooo, Fahmy. Let's go." She says taking my hand.

We go into her room and I hear my phone ringing, I look for it in the mess that we did. I find it under the pillow, and the phone stops ringing. I check and it's mum, she is going to kill me. Three missed calls.

"I will just call my mum." I yell to Farheen that is in the closet changing. I step outside the room and try to call mum as I walk around, and she isn't picking up. I find myself in a corridor and I hear voices coming from a room.

"It is still not a good idea let her go, papa." I recognise fahmy's voice.

"I don't know until when I can keep her in, your sister is growing."

"I know, but it's not safe. They might be there somewhere waiting for our distraction." Fahmy says and I frown. I join one and one, the car watching and taking photos of Farheen.

"We won't be able to protect her forever, she has dreams and we won't keep her under our sight for long."

"Then tell her the truth, Papa. If she finds out from someone else..." I hear a silence. "I don't know. I'm worried."

"Me too."

"This college thing. Maybe she should have a bodyguard." Fahmy suggests and I just swallow hard, like what's happening? I start sweating. Is Farheen in that much danger?

I turn around to go and collide with Farheen in front of me. "What are you doing here?" She asks farrowing her brows.

"Umm, I. I." I stutter. "I was talking to my mum." I say and it hurts to lie. I really should stop lying it's haram and it's not healthy. But I can't tell her that her family is keeping something from her, and that I heard that behind doors.
Astaghfirullah...

All the way to my home I was just nodding to everything that Farheen was saying, but I was faraway in my mind. I felt sorry for her, at the same time guilty, I carry a lot of guilty lately, soon enough I'm gonna explode.

Comment, Vote and share with your wattfriends!

XoX...