B.❤.B 28- Giveaway & getaway

*Ilhaam POV.*

"They took my phone, and when I ask why they are like 'It's for your own good.'" Farheen says, she has been blurbing for the last fifteen minutes. She should stop to think that some people are way more miserable than her.

At least she has a wardrobe full of couture, a father that does everything for her (except not get married, right!) and a brother that loves her. Despite everything else he is really sweet.

Did I just think he's sweet... Ignore That.

"Great excuse by the way. But it's not just that, now it's home school and school home. I can't even visit you."

"mmmm." I say opening the door to the computer lab.

"and the excuse once again, it's for your safety. Come on, the most cliché thing I have ever heard. I think they predicted that I would do everything to not meet his new wife, that's why they put that rule." She says and I roll my eyes. If she only knew, it's getting on my nerves now; What is taking them so long to tell her?

"Sure." I agree just for the sake of it.

"You are not listening, are you?" She asks and I turn to her. Guilty as charged.

"Hmmm?" I ask, trying to pay more attention.

"You are such a horrible friend." She says pouting. "What are we doing here?" She asks and I sigh.

"We are making a give-away, we need someone to install the program to make a random choice of the winner." I say trying to be patient.

"Ok, ok. I get it. Sorry I forgot." She whines.

"Hullo, you smart-panties." I say to Sean, and he greets me never removing his eyes from his laptop. He's the same guy that helped us prank the freshmen.

"What do you want?" He says still never looking at me.

"A small favour, so meaningless that will probably shrink your brain." I say in a smile.

"Straight to the point." He demands.

"Ok, my friend and I are making a giveaway in our blog. We need to choose a winner randomly."

"Ok, just give it to me." He says stretching his hands out for the laptop. Farheen hands it to him.

"You know what? I will give that Abaya that she gave to me away." Farheen says and I look at her trying to mumble some words and shaking my head.

"Are you crazy? She gave it to you with the best of the intentions."

"She wanted to buy me." Farheen states.

"You also bought me with a Moschino." I say rhetorically.

"It was different."

"How different?"

"She's trying to buy my mother's place, the person that gave birth to me."

"That's not true. A mother is irreplaceable."

"Whatever you say, I'm giving it away." She

"Well, I will put that Moschino in line too."

"You know what? I will find someone that understands me."

"It's easy to find someone that agrees with us than accept the truth." I say and she turns her back going away.

"Why don't you just adopt my family and go with the flow, You would be such a nice family."

"Farh, stop making things so hard." I try but she keeps going. I sit to a chair and sigh. "How long is it going to take?" I ask looking at my watch.

"Chill, you know me." He says all cocky.

"Don't start feeling yourself. There are lots of people that understand of computers in campus."

"Really? Why don't you go to them, then?" He asks his eyes still on the screen.

"I'm too lazy." I say and he chuckles.

After a while he was done and hands me the laptop. He explains to me how it works. I was in such a rush that I don't know if I actually understood how it works.

I rush, looking for Farheen; her teenage years hormones still wild in her. I look all over the place, when I get out of campus and I see her getting in that devils car.

"FARHEEN." I try to call with no success, I run towards the car and it's already moving away.

"Farheen." I run after the car trying to stop it, stupid I know but I had to try.

I try and support my hands on my knees panting. "Does she ever listen?" I utter under my fading voice.

I turn back to the chauffer that was stomping on the ground nervous, he gestures to me and I frown as he is just standing there. "Go after her." I yell and he moves quickly.

I wave for him to stop so that I go with him; I take my phone in my hand to call Fahmy but then I remember that I don't have his number.

"Do you have Fahmy's number?" I ask and he hands me his phone. I search for the number and call him.

"Assalam Alleikum." I say and he greets back.

"Ilhaam?" He asks surprised.

"Yeah, Farheen got so mad and left with Leila Friend. We are going after them now. I'm telling you, that woman will totally tell her while you chickens are trying to find the best moment." I scold.

"Thank you for getting me so worried. It's very helpful."

"It's not me. Your plan to keep her away is actually bringing them closer."

"Tell me where you are."

"We are heading east, I think. But when we get there, will give you the address."

"Ok." He says and hangs up. I sit lean back and sigh, I hate all this drama. Why can't they live a normal life? Pain is part of it, part of the test; you have to learn how to live with it.

Truth hurts even more after a lie; they should let her know how things went. Look who's talking about lie, I have lies going way over the top of my head now; everything is going well until now, but soon or later it will come haunting me. I know and I'm waiting.

*Farheen POV.*

I see Leila across the road from campus, she was so fast; in fifteen minutes after my call she shows up.

"Miss." I hear the chauffer coming after me, now he doesn't leave the campus. He stays here until I'm off. Not bad yet, because they said I'm getting a bodyguard. Why? Why? Why?

"Miss, where are you going?" He asks as I cross the road.

"None of your business."

"I have to take you straight home." He says and I keep walking.
"Don't make me force you, please."

"Try and see, I will tell my dad that you touched me. You don't want to get in trouble do you?" I say and he keeps coming behind me.

"Miss, please."

Leila steps forward arms open with a smile on her lips as I approach her.

"Hey." She says and embraces me in a hug.

"Leila." I utter. "Only you to understand me."

"Always, always."She says stroking my head. "Come with me. Let's go, you need to get some air." She says and opens the car door for me. I get in and leave with her, resting my head on her shoulder I pout as she strokes my head.

Meanwhile she starts singing in a familiar melody to me, I close my eyes and see the blurry image of my mum trying to make me sleep. I remember she had hazelnut eyes just like Fahmy, so beautiful I wish I had such eyes.

I definitely look like her, except the eyes colour.

Leila keeps on singing and that voice; it's so scary the resemblance.

Quickly I move from her shoulder and move away to the other side looking at her as she smiles.

"Mother!" I utter frowning.

Comment, Vote and Share!... And Smile... :-)