B.❤.B 37- Conspiration

*Farheen POV.*

I hear some heightened emotions in the living room and preoccupied I peek in the there to hear things going down to Ilhaam's side.

The only person that could possibly offer a ride to Ilhaam is my brother, he was here looking for me. He didn't buy what Ilhaam told him yesterday, and now she's getting in trouble because of me.

But did I hear right? They said in laws? I saw her first; I called dibs on her first. If there are going to be in laws in Ilhaam's life it's going to be my family; broken as it seems to be, I don't care. At least she will be the stable part of it.

But I can't stand here and let Ilhaam be judged for something that I caused, my brother would never come around if I wasn't away fugitive. There's no other place I could be.

"He's my brother." I say, stepping in the living room. "He was probably looking for me." I add and I can see Ilhaam burying her face in her hand.

"Farheen?" her Mum exclaims. "When did you arrive?" She wonders and since I started I had to tell the truth. I was so overwhelmed with lies that I didn't want to lie to anyone, I always looked forward to be as truthful as possible. Maybe that's why everyone took me a lying target.

"Yesterday night." I say and I can see that the Mum here is all mad at Ilhaam. "I asked Ilu to tell no one because I'm hiding from my siblings. And I'm sure you wouldn't let me stay without their approval. I'm so sorry, please don't be mad at her."

"I know you are trying to help your friend to not get in trouble. But she has to take responsibilities for her actions, mainly when all she does is lie to her own parents." He mother say and I frown, having a friend over without telling her parents shouldn't be that big of a dial, should it? I turn my gaze to Ilhaam and she is red mad, I believed I screwed up.

"Mum, why are you treating me a like a delinquent?" She says already crying.

"Because you have been acting like one, look at your image now. Our image, your carrier, you image as a good muslimah doesn't that make you look like a delinquent?" Her Dad says.

"Now the dream of having my daughter with a good carrier, a better life than the one we can provide a good marriage seems to be light years away." Her Mum adds.

"Well, you are probably having a baby girl. She will be as perfect as you dreamt of a daughter." She says and starts marching away but her dad stops her.

"Ilhaam, that's not the way to talk to your mother. What is wrong with you? We don't understand why such rebellious behaviour."

"I'm sorry. I'm not quiet what you expected. I'm really trying hard if you can't see, I'm." She says and her parents just shake their heads disappointed.

"We need your parents contact, Farheen." Her dad says and I nod, my gaze down.

"Can I go now?" Ilhaam asks and without any reply she leaves the room and I go right after her.

"What is going on? Is there anything you didn't tell me?" I try to comfort her. I hold her in an embrace, laying my head on her shoulder.

"It's a long story, you have enough problems with that Leila being your mother back from the dead." She says and I pull back from the hug frowning at her.

"How do you know it's her?" I demand, because I'm pretty sure I never said who she was. She only sighs and looks away. "How did you know, Ilhaam? I vowed to not mention her name, I'm pretty sure I was successful on that." I say stepping away from her, she still looking down in silence. "You knew it. Everyone knew it, except the dumb one here."

"I only overheard a conversation." She tries and I raise a hand for her to stop talking, she was as much of a liar as everyone else. I can't believe I'm just surrounded by such people.

"Even someone that I met yesterday already knows about things in my life I had no idea. I thought you were my friend!" I exclaim.

"I'm your friend, Farh." She says stepping closer to me as I step away. "It just wasn't my secret to tell."

"That's why you were all full of secrets with my brother. Conspiring." I say and she shakes her head in denial.

I walk out of the room and go give my parents contact to that traitor's parents, because at least they seem sensible. I don't want to go home, but don't want to stay here either. To see the face of the one that united with my family to keep things from me pretending to be my friend.

I hide in the kitchen to not see her, but still she came to me. I glare at her through the corner of my eye and roll my eyes. "Is there anything else you want to say? Anymore lies or kept secrets?" I say provocatively.

"I shall keep my position and say that I have nothing to tell. The secret is not mine, but your family's." She says and I chuckle trying to ignore her presence. " No matter what, I will still be here if you decide to be wise enough to forgive me." She says and I hear the door bell ring.

I take a deep breath before walking past Ilhaam out of the kitchen, I try hard to not cry. Had to be strong, crying will just make my eyes puffy.

I enter the living room ready to see my dad there but instead I see Fahmy. Only I knew how annoying it is to face any of them, even though who has a bigger blame on it are my own parents. He never stood out of it.

"Hey, Ladybird." He mutters, he never misses a chance to cheer me up with that. Though, it brings good memories of our childhood. When we were innocent and nothing that happened around us really made much sense.

"Ummm, He's my brother." I mouth trying to not meet his gaze. "My parents don't really care enough to come and get me."

"That's not true." He says to me.

"So, you are the young man that has been giving my daughter lifts!" Ilhaam's dad exclaims arms crossed, not friendly at all and I can see the blood draining out of Fahmy's face. He tries to mouth something but the words fail him, he's about to pee in his pants and I'm just having the time that I haven't had in the last twenty four hours.

*****
Comment, Vote and share!

XoX