B.❤.B 35- The Painting Melting Down the Canvas

*Farheen POV.*

I couldn't sleep, I tried but all I could think is how could they make up such a lie. I always respected so much my father even though he was most of the time absent and my brother was just the best guy in the face of the earth, my Mum was the woman my dad was supposed to meet in Jannah; that's why I didn't want to let him marry someone else.

But by the way I see things, they are all so far from Jannah. I hope Allah forgives them for being such liars, careless about their own religion.

I peeked in the living room to see a perfect family, not that perfect but something that I would want to have. Praying all together, today Mustafa the older brother was leading the prayer.

It took my breath away, I went emotional and started crying. Everything I was living was a lie, I just can't believe that; I painted a picture of my family and my life but now I see the colours melting down the canvas, making all their faces drop.

Ilhaam tell me that she is also feeling suicidal, I chuckled because I'm not feeling suicidal; I'm feeling homicidal, the rage to kill rising. Then she decides to leave me in this apartment completely alone, problems at work. She didn't even go to school today.

I try typing something on the blog to relax, but I was too upset to write something nice today.

I stand up seeking around, I find just what I need. As if the chest drawer was calling me, I open and I find the Qur'an.

A smile draws on my face as I sit to read it. "Ya ayyuha annasu ittaqoo rabbakumu allathee khalaqakum min nafsin wahidatin wakhalaqa minha zawjaha wabaththa minhuma rijalan katheeran wanisaan wattaqoo Allaha allathee tasaaloona bihi wa larhama inna Allaha kana AAalaykum raqeeb." O people! Be careful of (Your duty to) your lord, who created you from a single person and created its mate of the same kind and spread from these two, many men and women; and be careful of your duty to Allah, by Whom you demand one of another (Your rights), and (to) the ties of relationship; surely Allah ever watches over you.

I freeze in my thoughts right after reading the first ayat, we broke those ties with my mother or maybe she broke these ties with us. Whatever we did Allah doesn't approve, I wanted to close the Quran after getting emotional in that ayat; but there was nowhere else I can seek for comfort but in Allah.

*Ilhaam POV.*

"You know why." Fahmy says trying to manage a smile and I almost choke in air. He's so going to be mad because I lied to him when he called last night.

Ya Allah, all this lying I'm feeling so bad. All I have done the past months is lie. I look at Fahmy and my lips form a crooked arc. I judged him so much and looking now, I'm a liar; the image everyone painted of me is not quietly what it really is.

He saw in me a change, what when he finds out I'm an hypocrite that lies all the time? Ya Allah, forgive me for all the lying. I say in my heart and sigh.

"I need a good friend like you." He says and I sigh in relief. "Do you have an idea of anywhere my sister can have gone? Because I really want to discard the idea that that craft mother of ours has nothing to do with her disappearance." He says very sentimental that I just melt.

"Oh, surely she has everything to do with her disappearance." I mean for the fact that Farh knows who she is now. "I mean, I don't really think she would abduct her daughter."

"Well, I cannot disagree more."

"Fahmy, I know you could use a friend now. Truth is I really have to go."

"You are going to lecture? I can drop you off." He says and I chuckle. "I know you don't take lifts from non-mahrams, but I was just wishing we could talk along the way. I really need a friend."

"Where is Zayn?" I ask shrugging.

"He's travelling. Even if he was here, there are things that only you know the right thing to say."

"Okay." I say in a low tone feeling fluttered I was totally blushing. Damn, how the heck does he does this; he's definitely using a move on me, those kinds of moves you can't say no.

I roll my eyes and start marching. "Have you ever considered doing psychology?"

"Don't say nonsense." I reply dryly, didn't want him to feel too comfortable.

"Seriously, you should consider." He tries.

"I'm trying to find an excuse to not get a lift from you, so knock it off because you are not here to counsel me on what I should pursue as a carrier." I say and he replies in redemption with an 'Ok'.

"Guess who spent the whole night at my place?" He says coming behind me as we climb down the stairs.

"I have no idea. But taking a wild guess Leila."

"Bingo. FYI her name is Hadia." He says and I turn to glare at him confused, I was actually joking.

"Really?" I wonder.

"She came to apologise." He says and I let out a chuckle.

"Was she under influence or something?" I ask sarcastically.

He opens the door of his car. "Completely sober." He points out.

"A little bit too late for that, isn't it?" I joke. "What did she say?"

"I want to apologise." he fakes a Woman's voice.

"Just that?"

"I didn't stay to listen to her."

"Why? Holding a grudge is what has been holding you back all this time, let go. Don't let her presence affect you." I say shaking my head before getting into the car. He bends down and looks at me in a smile, as I try to deviate from those hazels of his.

"Now, do you think Zayn would have told me such smart words?" He gets me wondering, before closing the door and jogging to the driver's side.

"Well, how was the night with mummy around once again?" I ask playfully.

"Three strange strangers sitting in a same room." He says.

The trip was relatively short considering that we had a lot to talk about.

I drop of the car and cross the road to Turkish craft shop, my heart beating inside my chest. Deep down I know I'm fired, but have to hear it from the Boss himself.

I walk in swift steps as a figure comes in front of me blocking my passage. "hey, hey. Assalam Alleikum. Mashaalah, you look very beautiful today." Mr. Abdul is so nice, but his son is just something else. He doesn't do him justice.

Why do I have the awful feeling that this day is only starting.

"Who gave you permeation to look, little Abdul." I give him a threaten gaze.

"Don't call me that, Ilhaam. Easy, we have to plan our date."

"Sure, what about Sunday 3pm at the cinema. My brother's want to watch the seventh dwarf, so do I." I say and draw a forced smile.

"Come on, I'm talking about some real date. I want to take you out for dinner with candle lit by the sea." He says moving closer to be as I move back away.

"I usually dine with my family and I hate sea breeze, I get sea sick."

"No problem, no sea if you don't want."

"No sea, no candles and no dinner."

"Come on, stop acting so difficult." He says in a smile reaching a hand to my shoulder and I dodge from his touch.

"She said no." I hear Fahmy say behind me, I turn to him frowning confused.

❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

Comment, Vote and Share!